• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LrC on AMD EPYC (Milan) performance

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 10.4
Operating System
  1. Other (please note in thread)
Just because when I searched for any info on using Lightroom (Classic) on EPYC and couldn't find anything, I share my experience with you here.

Server: vmware esxi 7.0 host
EPYC 7313P: 16 cores, 32 threads, 3.0 GHz base, 3.7 GHz boost
64 GB RAM
No GPU

VM: Windows Server 2022 eval
8 cores
32 GB RAM
200 GB SSD, also catalog location

Lightroom Classic 10.4
Pictures on TrueNAS VM SMB share (HDD) on same physical server

Observation:
Performance in LrC is really good. Browsing library, sorting pictures, development module. I do like the fast 100% view when browsing pictures - not used to that speed.
Installation on Windows server proved to be somewhat troublesome: you have to adjust the Internet Explorer(!) security settings even though your default browser is something else and you never use IE. Adobe should really quit using IE for their installer - feels so 1995... After that is sorted though, Lightroom works just fine and really fast.

Further thoughts:
Adding a GPU is planned, but not at current retail prices. If I was to name one, it's be the Radeon W6600 which was just released.