• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LrC Filtering issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi_innocenti

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic v.10.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi All and congrats for the forum!

After many years in using LR6 on Mac I decided to update to LrC (LR6 was hard to use due to Mac updates).
I see that it is basically the same but when I try to filter images based on attributes (such as "white flag" or "black flag") the filter does not work and it does not show to me any photo.

How can I fix it?

Thanks and cheers!
Luigi

Check on what you have selected under 'Catalog' in Library. Here's an example with 'All Photographs' selected with 'picked' (White flag)
Capture.JPG

Check on what you have selected under 'Catalog' in Library. Here's an example with 'All Photographs' selected with 'picked' (White flag)
View attachment 17039
Thanks Paul for replying.
If I select All Photographs in Catalog the filter works properly and also if I select a collection containing other collections.
But if I try to do the same by choosing the specific collection it does not work and it indicates that the collection does not include any photo (while if I exclude the filter the photos are present)... what is wrong?!

Last edited:
while if I exclude the filter the photos are present)... what is wrong?!
Not sure what your expected behavior is. If the collection does not include any Picked/White flagged photos, then none will be shown. Here's an example of collection 'Creatures 2', which has 15 photos, but only 13 are shown when I select Picked/White.
Capture.JPG

My issue is that I could not see any flagged photo, even if they are flagged.

The strange thing is that, taking your example, if I click on "Photo Essay" then the filter works correctly (including flagged photos of "Creatures 2"), but if I directly select "Creatures 2" then the Attribute filter does not show to me any photo (flagged or not).

if I click on "Photo Essay" then the filter works correctly (including flagged photos of "Creatures 2"), but if I directly select "Creatures 2" then the Attribute filter does not show to me any photo (flagged or not).
I'd suggest then that your equivalent to 'Creatures 2' does not have any photos in it. What is the count showing for your 'Creatures 2'?

The problem is that it has photos (some flagged and some not).
If I do not filter the collection with any attribute I see the photos (counting 15 photos in your example), while if I filter, once that I simply click on "Attribute" the collection "Creatures 2" counts 0 photos.
If I do the same process but by selecting "Photo Essay", then I correctly see a counting of 13 flagged photos from Creatures 2.

If I do the same process but by selecting "Photo Essay", then I correctly see a counting of 13 flagged photos from Creatures 2.
Then I would suggest that the photos you are assuming in 'Creatures 2' are in fact in another sub collection off 'Photo Essay'.

If I select "Creatures 2" without filtering I correctly see the photos in it. The problem happens only when I decide to filter them
Could it be a problem due to synchronization?

Check all the filters on the Attributes selection bar. Sometimes it can be hard to see which ones are selected and which are not. Furthermore, LrC can remember what filter attributes were selected the last time you used it. So, for example, you might have "5 Stars" already selected (from the last time you used the filter), so if you don't have any 5-star photos in your collection, then nothing will be shown when you activate the filter.

Check all the filters on the Attributes selection bar. Sometimes it can be hard to see which ones are selected and which are not. Furthermore, LrC can remember what filter attributes were selected the last time you used it. So, for example, you might have "5 Stars" already selected (from the last time you used the filter), so if you don't have any 5-star photos in your collection, then nothing will be shown when you activate the filter.
I checked it but there are no filters... I have the same issue if I try to erase "black flag" pictures (the system tells me there are not).

Maybe I should try to reset software preferences? I read somewhere that it could solve lots of problems.
Do you know how to do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back