• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LrC Address Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

gedurkee

George
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
latest
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi All: Using TeamViewer, I'm helping a friend set up his new iMac and LrC is one of the apps he has. I am neither a Mac person nor a LR user. We're making slow but steady progress -- my contribution is I'm pretty good with computers.. .

Anyway, We've got the catalog successfully imported from his old computer (yay!) and he's cheerfully tinkering with his photos (~12,000).

Next problem are his addresses for the LR Address Book did not import when we imported the old catalog. Is that a specific file? I thought we got everything but may have missed that... . I've got it set up to use his gmail account but now need to import or recover his address list and groups he had set up on his old computer.

It looks like the only way to access the LR Address Book is to start the sequence to send a photo? Can it be accessed without doing that?

Finally, one set of instructions said that when pasting in multiple addresses, they be separated with a semi-colon. Do commas work? He's got some previous emails to his friends where, using Forward, I can just get them as comma-separated text and paste them in the address book. Can obviously do a search and replace but just wondering if they can go straight in with the comma seperator.

Hokay. Great forum. Thanks for any advice out there.

George

Well, continued tinkering and research. Weirdly, I've found no other way to open the Address Book other than to start the Send Photo process. Nor a way to bulk create email addresses (though I guess a wizard could do a python script or something but that's beyond me...). A couple of interesting findings though.

In the main Send email address box, if you enter a bunch of email addresses in the format:
[email protected], [email protected] & etc. you get an error message that the addresses aren't in the address book (if they're not...).

However, if you do:
<[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; & etc., it works even if they're not in the address book. So the combo of brackets and semi-colon work to send multiple addresses in that address box. If separated by a comma, you get an error message.

For what seems to be a well thought out app, their send photo tool is pretty klunky, like an afterthought.

Hi George.

The address book should be in /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Email Address Book/AddressBook.lua

I do have to agree that the email function is a bit of an afterthought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back