LRB Portfolio: Website in a Gallery for Lightroom 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean McCormack

Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
lrbp.jpg

Since I introduced the plugin HSWeb, I've been thinking about a far more customisable and cleaner version of a 'Website in a Gallery' Web plugin. I've literally spent almost all my spare time rewriting this from the ground up since then. In fact all the code has been completely replaced the with new Lightroom 2.' SDK code and so is brand new. Even the Contact Form has been updated to give much prettier returns.

lrb_sm.jpg

lrb_sm2.jpg

LRB Porfolio features.

• [li]A true Website in a Gallery[/li]
    [li]Lightroom 2 compatible-Not for Lightroom 1[/li]
    [li]Wesbite featuring a Home, About and Contact pages, along with up to 6 galleries or external links.[/li]
    [li]A PHP contact form to make you contactable, but keeping your email address hidden.[/li]
    [li]For those without PHP, a series of contact details that you can pick and choose between, including Contact Name, Email, email link, phone number, address etc.[/li]
    [li]Choose the images for the Home, About and Contact page yourself.[/li]
    [li]Colour controls for each section of the page.[/li]
    [li]Simple clean look, with scrolling galleries, a popular look currently.[/li]
    [li]All HTML and CSS, so compatible for a wide range of users.[/li]
    [li]Full User Guide (that took a bit of time!)[/li]
    [li]Controls for menu and Identity Plate placement (left, centre, right)[/li]
    [li]Full Lightroom 2 SDK code, including new Output Sharpening code.[/li]
    [li]Requires only minor HTML for line breaks, otherwise code free for the User[/li]
    [li]Requires no HTML editor[/li]
    [li]Optional Right Click and Drag Disable[/li]
There's a wealth of stuff changed from the original proof of concept code I had with HS Web. Again, as with LRB Graduated Filters, I've put a lot of work into this and approached it as a commercial venture. I am aware though that the appeal of such a gallery is relatively limited. Most people already have a website, so something that creates an entire site is less of an appeal that a simple gallery to show off. However for those looking for something quick and easy, this gallery allows you create a whole website with a little advance preparation and some text entry. To add your email address, you edit one file in an text editor once, and then export and upload.

The cost of the plugin? €1' (about $15). VAT chargable in the EU. Updates will be free to current users. (please note this is the old introductory price from 2''8-price is now €15)

To see a sample gallery, download the User Guide to review the controls, or make a purchase, please go to http://lrbportfolio.com
Support questions can be added to this thread.

Last edited:
installation procedure needed

Where can I find the correct installation procedure for LRB Portfolio for Lightroom 3.6 under Windows 7 64bit ??

i went over to lightroom 4 yesterday, and also bought this plugin. But i can get it to work correctly. it shows one gallery but not nr 2.
then it looks like this

i have added more pictures or removed pictures.
can anyone help me ?

i went over to lightroom 4 yesterday, and also bought this plugin. But i can get it to work correctly. it shows one gallery but not nr 2.
then it looks like this

i have added more pictures or removed pictures.
can anyone help me ?

They changed how the updating and previewing works in Lightroom 4, there'll be an update shortly to correct for this. The plugin itself is ready to go, but I need to update the Docs.

Last edited:
can you also do so it just updates the site instead of completely upload the site for each time. and i would be great with a gallery called latest, so example the last 5 or 10 images also is there.

can you also do so it just updates the site instead of completely upload the site for each time. and i would be great with a gallery called latest, so example the last 5 or 10 images also is there.

You can't. Lightroom only allows an all or nothing upload or export situation.

Hi Sean,
Firstly your plugin is amazing and you should be congratulated for a great product.
I am half way through my site, and have encountered a problem. I wanted to modify the layout so I put my home page into dreamweaver and previewed in IE. It throws up a warning about activex controls and scripts , that will put off a lot of our customers , who either wont see the warning or will decide against allowing the scripts to run.
Our home page is a gallery running the cmotion autoscroll, so my guess is that it is the cmotion that is the culprit?
As a comparison this website I have run without problem http://www.nikoleramsay.com/ I guess that it is flash based.

Hi Sean,
Firstly your plugin is amazing and you should be congratulated for a great product.
I am half way through my site, and have encountered a problem. I wanted to modify the layout so I put my home page into dreamweaver and previewed in IE. It throws up a warning about activex controls and scripts , that will put off a lot of our customers , who either wont see the warning or will decide against allowing the scripts to run.
Our home page is a gallery running the cmotion autoscroll, so my guess is that it is the cmotion that is the culprit?
As a comparison this website I have run without problem http://www.nikoleramsay.com/ I guess that it is flash based.

As you're the first one to report an such an error, I think you're over estimating. There was an old error related to script debugging or some such, but that affected far more than my plugin. http://www.pixiq.com/article/just-in-time-debugger

As you're the first one to report an such an error, I think you're over estimating. There was an old error related to script debugging or some such, but that affected far more than my plugin. http://www.pixiq.com/article/just-in-time-debugger

Thanks Sean
Are you saying that there is no issue with IE? I hope you are right; I just didn't want to spend a lot more time developing the site, if there was going to be script warning popping up. Could this reflect my browser security setting perhaps?

Ok so now that I am proceeding with the site beyond the home page , I am wondering why I am unable to see the links to other pages? All I can see is a home page link and no others . This is despite the fact that I have ticked the "include" check boxes for the other pages.

Ok so now that I am proceeding with the site beyond the home page , I am wondering why I am unable to see the links to other pages? All I can see is a home page link and no others . This is despite the fact that I have ticked the "include" check boxes for the other pages.

I'm walking out the door right now for a week. You're the first person to report any IE issue. Make sure you have the latest version from your download link especially if you have Lightroom 4. This completely changed how Live Update works and how the web gallery previews inside Lightroom.

Did you look to see if it matched the JIT issue? Also it'd be more useful to give the exact text of an error. Anyhow, out the door I go!

I'm walking out the door right now for a week. You're the first person to report any IE issue. Make sure you have the latest version from your download link especially if you have Lightroom 4. This completely changed how Live Update works and how the web gallery previews inside Lightroom.

Did you look to see if it matched the JIT issue? Also it'd be more useful to give the exact text of an error. Anyhow, out the door I go!

Hi Sean,
Managed to solve the disappearing menu problem. It seemed to be related to the fact that I decided to try at some stage to see how the site worked in "single gallery " mode. Then, after changing back , I had only the single home menu item. It seemed to lock out any changes; It was only after starting a new template that the problem was solved.

Is there any way to adjust the format of the about page? I would like more space than I am being given and also slightly bigger text.

Is there any way to adjust the format of the about page? I would like more space than I am being given and also slightly bigger text.

Page height is tied to image height and there are font controls in the Font and Body Settings section. Text will automatically include scrollbars if it becomes too long. You can also widen the text width area in Appearance.

Hi Sean, I couldn't get anywhere in LRB changing the global settings. The appearance of the about page was bugging me as it looked unbalances to my eyes. I have been able to make a few changes within Dreamweaver (having to relearn after forgetting most of which I learnt years ago) The changes look good. Is there a way for me to save this a s a template? As far as I can see, if I change the photos that go into my website, then the modified pages in dreamweaver cannot be applied within lightroom as a template. So my workflow will be: change image inputs within LR in Library> switch to web in LR apply template> export LRB portfolio files> manually copy and replace the modified about page into the new LRB files >save> put files onto remote server.
Not a ridiculous amount of extra work but I am wondering if there is a way around it. I dont think LRB will allow the about link to reference a file outside of the LRB folder is this correct?

Hi Sean, I couldn't get anywhere in LRB changing the global settings. The appearance of the about page was bugging me as it looked unbalances to my eyes. I have been able to make a few changes within Dreamweaver (having to relearn after forgetting most of which I learnt years ago) The changes look good. Is there a way for me to save this a s a template? As far as I can see, if I change the photos that go into my website, then the modified pages in dreamweaver cannot be applied within lightroom as a template. So my workflow will be: change image inputs within LR in Library> switch to web in LR apply template> export LRB portfolio files> manually copy and replace the modified about page into the new LRB files >save> put files onto remote server.
Not a ridiculous amount of extra work but I am wondering if there is a way around it. I dont think LRB will allow the about link to reference a file outside of the LRB folder is this correct?

There's no way to save it as a template, because it doesn't contain the lua code required to make it work. You could compare the About file inside the LRB Portfolio and your dreamweaver version and try merge them. Remember that the CSS files maybe be different, so watch for clashes there.
You can of course overwrite any file exported from Lightroom.

Sean, please can you advice how I can download the update to LRB Portfolio. I am currently using V2.8 with LR4. I accidentally deleted the email with the download link. I did however legitimately purchase it.

I can't find any support or contact info on the LRB site. The email I would have paid via paypal with is [email protected] please resend the download link to this email if poss.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Kirstin

Sean, please can you advice how I can download the update to LRB Portfolio. I am currently using V2.8 with LR4. I accidentally deleted the email with the download link. I did however legitimately purchase it.

I can't find any support or contact info on the LRB site. The email I would have paid via paypal with is [email protected] please resend the download link to this email if poss.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards

Kirstin

Forwarded

Forwarded

Hi Sean,

I love LRB Portfolio. I have recently upgraded to LR4 and have duely updated to LRB2.9. I have been updating my galleries and noticed that when I enable 'use Cmotion to scroll' I get a grey indentation on the right hand side of my gallery display that cuts off about 1/3 of the images scrolling in from the right? It goes away if I disable Cmotion and go with a scroll bar - but I really like the Cmotion feature. Please can you help?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Hi Sean,

I love LRB Portfolio. I have recently upgraded to LR4 and have duely updated to LRB2.9. I have been updating my galleries and noticed that when I enable 'use Cmotion to scroll' I get a grey indentation on the right hand side of my gallery display that cuts off about 1/3 of the images scrolling in from the right? It goes away if I disable Cmotion and go with a scroll bar - but I really like the Cmotion feature. Please can you help?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Without seeing a screen cap, I'm guessing your Cmotion width isn't wide enough for your screen width.

Just starting with v2.9 LR4, I notice that the menu items highlight when chosen but do not return to previos level when another menu item is chosen. Also the "current menu color" is not showing up with a current gallery. Is Dynamic sizing fo the website window possible? If one is on a smaller screen the scroll bar dosn't show on the bottom unless the person uses the side scroll to reveal the bottom, then the top goes off screen. The problem is when some looks at the website for the first time they may not figure out that there is a scroll bar at the bottom to view the gallery.

Hi, I'm trying to update from LRB Portfolio 2.8 to 2.9 by using the link I got when I first downloaded LRB Portfolio but I get the message "Invalid link...". Can you please advice me on how to download version 2.9? My e-mail, if needed, is: arlemo ( a ) hotmail . com I look forward to your reply. Thank you and best regards. /Tomas

Hi, I'm trying to update from LRB Portfolio 2.8 to 2.9 by using the link I got when I first downloaded LRB Portfolio but I get the message "Invalid link...". Can you please advice me on how to download version 2.9? My e-mail, if needed, is: arlemo ( a ) hotmail . com I look forward to your reply. Thank you and best regards. /Tomas

As per my blog and twitter feeds, all the LRB Web products are now on http://Photographers-Toolbox.com. Instructions for existing users are in the FAQ there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back