Not open for further replies.

Sean McCormack

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
lrbp.jpg

Since I introduced the plugin HSWeb, I've been thinking about a far more customisable and cleaner version of a 'Website in a Gallery' Web plugin. I've literally spent almost all my spare time rewriting this from the ground up since then. In fact all the code has been completely replaced the with new Lightroom 2.' SDK code and so is brand new. Even the Contact Form has been updated to give much prettier returns.

lrb_sm.jpg

lrb_sm2.jpg

LRB Porfolio features.

• [li]A true Website in a Gallery[/li]
    [li]Lightroom 2 compatible-Not for Lightroom 1[/li]
    [li]Wesbite featuring a Home, About and Contact pages, along with up to 6 galleries or external links.[/li]
    [li]A PHP contact form to make you contactable, but keeping your email address hidden.[/li]
    [li]For those without PHP, a series of contact details that you can pick and choose between, including Contact Name, Email, email link, phone number, address etc.[/li]
    [li]Choose the images for the Home, About and Contact page yourself.[/li]
    [li]Colour controls for each section of the page.[/li]
    [li]Simple clean look, with scrolling galleries, a popular look currently.[/li]
    [li]All HTML and CSS, so compatible for a wide range of users.[/li]
    [li]Full User Guide (that took a bit of time!)[/li]
    [li]Controls for menu and Identity Plate placement (left, centre, right)[/li]
    [li]Full Lightroom 2 SDK code, including new Output Sharpening code.[/li]
    [li]Requires only minor HTML for line breaks, otherwise code free for the User[/li]
    [li]Requires no HTML editor[/li]
    [li]Optional Right Click and Drag Disable[/li]
There's a wealth of stuff changed from the original proof of concept code I had with HS Web. Again, as with LRB Graduated Filters, I've put a lot of work into this and approached it as a commercial venture. I am aware though that the appeal of such a gallery is relatively limited. Most people already have a website, so something that creates an entire site is less of an appeal that a simple gallery to show off. However for those looking for something quick and easy, this gallery allows you create a whole website with a little advance preparation and some text entry. To add your email address, you edit one file in an text editor once, and then export and upload.

The cost of the plugin? €1' (about $15). VAT chargable in the EU. Updates will be free to current users. (please note this is the old introductory price from 2''8-price is now €15)

To see a sample gallery, download the User Guide to review the controls, or make a purchase, please go to http://lrbportfolio.com
Support questions can be added to this thread.

Last edited:
update version without overwriting site content?

Sean, et al:

Greetings! Still greatly enjoying both Exhibition and Portfolio for my various sites. I have a question, I have forgotten how this issue works:

I am updating my site built with LRB Portfolio v2.51, and figure I may as well update to the current version of LRB. I have downloaded v2.7. If I drag it into the webengine folder, will it overwrite all the data associated with my site? i.e., will I have to start over? Is there a way to ensure that when one updates version, the site content remains intact?

Just asking because, once before I somehow overwrote the entire site and had to start from scratch...:rolleyes:

Thanks much!
Mark

hello.

has anybody found out how to get the "Menu Active Link Color" working yet?
(I saw some unsolved posts about this a dozen pages ago).

the colours on my site are are mostly very light grey, and I need the active link colour to make the menu stand out a bit.

thanks, Eric.

Hi Eric,
While I had corrected the LHVA order in general links, I've missed it in the menu container. It's fixed for 2.8, which has the new single gallery setting too.

If you want to edit lrbportfolio.css in the content folder of your exported gallery, it should look something like this in order:

#navcontainer a:link {
font-weight: normal;
font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, sans serif;
color: #333333;
font-variant: normal;
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 13px;
background-color: inherit;
}
#navcontainer a:visited {
color: #1E1E1E;
}
#navcontainer a:hover {
color: #CCCCCC;
}

#navcontainer a:active {
color:#959595;
}

The 'color' bits will be different, and I've added :link to the first a. The stuff need to be in the a:link, a:visited, a:hover, a:active order for it to work correctly (i.e. LVHA).

Last edited:
thanks for the quick reply, but I'd rather just let it upload from lightroom, that way I don't have to think twice about it when updating.

so is there a way how I can edit it in myself?, probably in:
Adobe > Lightroom > Webgalleries > LRB_Portfolio.lrwebengine > lrbportfolio.css

I'm quite comfortable editing things in there, always keep the original backed up. I had/wanted to tweak some stuff anyway, because when using iFrame on the extra page, the nav menu that I have set below the body moves up about 25px compared to the rest of the pages.

++++++

oh, and while I'm at it:
I'm looking for a way to separate the galleries from the rest (the iFrame page that I will use for a blog, the about and the contact page).
right now I have 6 galleries that I use, and put in an empty 7th gallery named . : . as a spacer between the two, but preferably I'd have:

Galleries: gall-1 gall-2 gall-3 gall-4 gall-5 gall-6 Extras: Blog About Contact
with the words "Galleries: and Extras:" in a different colour. maybe an idea for the next version of the software?

Last edited:
when I, as a test changed the CSS to your suggestion above and just manually changed some colour codes to see what would happen, I finally understood what my thinking mistake was:
the ACTIVE LINK COLOR is the colour the link has when, and only when, you click it. as soon as you release the mouse button it changes to the default colour.
what I wanted to achieve though, was that the link of the page I was on would be the active link colour, which is something else.

so I then just basically went into all the different HTML pages and put <font color="#00AAFF"> before and </font> after the corresponding link title at the bottom of the page under <ul id="navlist">.

so for any body else who visits this forum with the same question after this: open all the different HTML pages in a text editor and change the line there to something similar to this:

for the example page: gallery2.html
Code:
<div id="navcontainer">

<ul id="navlist">

<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery1.html">Gallery 1</a></li>
<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery2.html"><font color="#xxxxxx">Gallery 2</font></a></li>
<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery3.html">Gallery 3</a></li>
<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="gallery4.html">Gallery 4</a></li>

<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="blank.html">Blank Page</a></li>
<li><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="about.html">About</a></li>
<li id="active"><a style="padding: 0 10px 0px 10px;" href="contact.html">Contact</a></li> 
</ul>

</div>

Last edited:
The internal CSS doesn't look quite like what's in my previous post, it's similar,but full of internal code. 2.8 will be out soon enough.

To make a bigger gap, edit the padding on the last gallery link. The 2nd one is the left padding.

e.g. <li><a style="padding: 0 30px 0px 10px;" href="gallery4.html">Gallery 4</a></li>

The colour on current page link is not something that's easy to edit because the menu is a single file that's included in each file on generation. Having it separate makes it maintainable. To have the padding automatically tied to whichever gallery is the last one would need a ridiculous amount of code.

The colour request is something that I'd need to see a lot of requests for because it needs a whole new section in the colour palette and load of lines of conditional coding to allow the choice in each link. It's not a lot of reward for a lot of work.

cool thanks!

I'll take a look at the padding later today, but the site looks class already.

then yet another question: I just found out that on an iPad my design is too wide and that c-motion kind of really sucks on a touch based OS. and because I do like it on a regular computer, especially because it won't have scroll-bars, I was wondering if it was easy to built in a iOS detector? that way I would just upload a second version that has less width and no c-motion, and have them exist next to each other.

Anything like that will be in version 3 and a paid update, because there's substantial work involved rewriting sections and testing.

as for DIY, you can do that in CSS, just have conditional CSS for smaller screen sizes. Google it.

Also Lightroom doesn't have an inbuilt server, so it wouldn't even preview using your above code.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody will have a problem with paying for a version 3 update :)

I eventually ended up making 3 versions of the website: a regular one, a mobile one (iphone, ipod, blackberry, android), and an iPad one.
the c-motion scrolling somehow didn't work as well on the ipad as it does on the iphone, so I've made that one TWO finger scrollable :)
the main difference between the main site and the mobile one is that I have less width on the mobile one, so it actually fits on the screen.

for the auto detect function I eventually put a small javascript on every html page, it works like a charm now!
thanks for all your help...

http://ericelsewhere.com/

Code:
<script language=javascript>

<!--
if ((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/BlackBerry/i))) {
   location.replace("http://ericelsewhere.com/mobile/index.html");

}
-->
</script>

Nice work Eric on the website(s) and images.

Hi Sean, I'm a recent purchaser of LRB Portfolio and really appreciate the effort you put into making a great product. Apologies if this question has been asked before, 52 pages of a forum posts is a bit too much to go through to assure a new question. :)

Are there any other gallery template options available apart from the scrolling method that's the default? For example, I'd like to use some of the Lightroom templates with LRB, such as "Charcoal".

Hi Sean,

just purchased an assembled a site using LRB and it's just what i was after. Got told about it by timgoodill.com so a big thanks to him from both of us I guess.

I have a couple of questions that are no doubt user error and I'm wondering if you can put me right?

The facebook button is trying to take me to www.davidshepherdphotographic.com/www.facebook.com/davidshepherdphotographic, i've tried a few different combo's of url in the link field but it's consistently putting my url in front. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if this next bit is a bug, or user error again but i was exploring the blank page options in lightroom, it opened the blank page but i couldn't navigate back to a page with a menu on! had to switch back to a different template and then back to LRB and had to start settin gup all over again (only read this morning about saving as a new template, amazing how helpful these support forums can be.

Genius idea this product too. 5*'s
D

Hi Sean,

just purchased an assembled a site using LRB and it's just what i was after. Got told about it by timgoodill.com so a big thanks to him from both of us I guess.

I have a couple of questions that are no doubt user error and I'm wondering if you can put me right?

The facebook button is trying to take me to www.davidshepherdphotographic.com/www.facebook.com/davidshepherdphotographic, i've tried a few different combo's of url in the link field but it's consistently putting my url in front. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure if this next bit is a bug, or user error again but i was exploring the blank page options in lightroom, it opened the blank page but i couldn't navigate back to a page with a menu on! had to switch back to a different template and then back to LRB and had to start settin gup all over again (only read this morning about saving as a new template, amazing how helpful these support forums can be.

Genius idea this product too. 5*'s
D

Crikey, something I said?

I'm guessing Sean's not around today! I don't have LRB Portfolio installed, but what URL's have you tried?

Hi Victoria,

in the facebook link section I tried, www.facebook.com/davidshepherdphotographic but when i click on the FB logo the template allows you to use, it opens a browser window with www.davidshepherdphotographic.com/www.facebook.com/davidshepherdphotographic pointing the browser at my site with the www.facxxx etc as an extension. Over the weekend I tried removing the logo and putting just a visible url link in there but clicking on this did the same thing. I've tripple checked all the settings and I don't think there's anything I've missed menaing it's either to do with my host or something in the code. Not being technical at all I've not looked into the template files as it all looks a bit like the matrix to me :). "External links" work to my blog, blog.davidxxetc and links from my blog on the same host and server come back to my main site ok, so I don't think it's host related.

Any help appreciated, although if you can't help it's not an emergency so I can sit tight and wait for Sean to pick up on the thread.

Regards

David

Ok, I've found the link. Try starting it with http://www instead of just www.

Hi Sean, I'm a recent purchaser of LRB Portfolio and really appreciate the effort you put into making a great product. Apologies if this question has been asked before, 52 pages of a forum posts is a bit too much to go through to assure a new question. :)

Are there any other gallery template options available apart from the scrolling method that's the default? For example, I'd like to use some of the Lightroom templates with LRB, such as "Charcoal".
Hey brothergrimm,
Simple answer is no, it's a scrolling gallery only. As for templates, every template is tied to the gallery that created it, so you couldn't use a template from one gallery with any other.
Hope this helps,
Sean

It's more that the forum post has lost my subscription.... yet again! As Victoria mentioned, you need http:// in the URL. This is typical for most sites, and a common issue with forums too, where people leave out the http:// in links.

It's more that the forum post has lost my subscription.... yet again!
Sorry Sean, not sure why it's doing that. By all means drop a thread in the website troubleshooting with the details and I'll look into it further.

It's more that the forum post has lost my subscription.... yet again! As Victoria mentioned, you need http:// in the URL. This is typical for most sites, and a common issue with forums too, where people leave out the http:// in links.

ok thanks guys, I'll give it a go tonight and I'm sure it'll fix it. without the http:// it thinks I'm trying to direct it to somewhere on my site, via the web? I'm not even a little bit technical when it comes to web-stuff. Thanks in advance.

While I'm on, when I update my version tonight, I've created a favicon and edited the header to point the browser at it. Will i need to do this again after the update? I'm assuming when I update the site it'll overwrite the modded file. apologies if this is web-site 101. I'm new :)

Moto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back