LR6 to Photography Plan + High Sierra to Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.

aec

Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Could I have some advice on the best order to make upgrade changes please? I need to update my Mac OS from High Sierra and I also want to update LR6 to the Photography Plan. If I go straight from High Sierra to Big Sur I think that LR6 will die. I don't think I can install the latest version of LR Classic on High Sierra. Should I (and can I) maybe install a less recent version of LR Classic on High Sierra, then upgrade the OS to Catalina, then upgrade LR Classic to the latest version, then upgrade the OS to Big Sur? One reason for needing to update the OS is that an application has stopped working and the update is expected to fix it, but it may be fixed in Catalina. I have many catalogues (all backed up) with hundreds of thousands of photos in all together so I'm anxious about the transition and would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Well, there are folks running LR6 on Bug Sur so It won’t die. BUT you will not be able to install a clean copy of LR6.14 as the installer won’t run in the 64 bit OS.

However, the best upgrade sequence is this:
1. Purchase and install the creative cloud Photography plan.
2. Open Lightroom Classic v10 and use it to open and convert you V6 catalog structure to the new V10 structure.
3. Once you have that running to your satisfaction, upgrade the MacOS to v11.x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're correct you can't run the latest version of Classic on High Sierra, but you can run Classic 9.4, then do the upgrade to 10.2 once you update the OS.

You're correct you can't run the latest version of Classic on High Sierra, but you can run Classic 9.4, then do the upgrade to 10.2 once you update the OS.
Thanks, I missed that the user's current OS is not supported by LrC v10.

Hi again, what’s the latest version of LR classic that I can update to while still running Catalina, before updating the OS to Big Sur? Thanks

Current (11.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back