Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
6.14 Perpetual
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I'm running a 27" iMac ...10.14.5 (the latest version) on Mojave. Tonight I updated my LR6.0 Perpetual to 6.14. When I had High Sierra I used to send my photos from Lr6 to Elements for sharpening and Cloning and also used Define2 (NIK) for NR. After upgrading to Mojave I found that I was unable to use Elements and Define2. I was advised to look at ON1 because I don't take too many photos these days..sometimes weeks without taking a photo. I bought ON1. 2019.5 RAW and it has the latest update which was just a few days ago. So, both this and LR6 are up to date.

I'm having 2 problems.

1. I send an edited photo from LR to ON1 for particularly good editing tools. The eraser in particular. When ON1 opens, it opens with the correct set of photos eg. Wagtails but the wrong photo.

2. When I finished the photo ..even though it was the wrong one it goes back to LR minus the edits. I tried editing the right one which I selected in ON1 and the same happened. I went back to ON1 to see that the edits in ON1 (for both photos) are still there. I'd used the eraser tool.

It's as though LR and ON1 aren't 'talking' to each other.

There's also another issue and herein MAY lie the answer. My friend has LR CC and also ON1. RAW 2019.5 and the recent update.

Under 'File' in his LR CC my friend can go down the options to Plug-In Extras. An arrow takes him to a long list of options and one is ON1 Develop 2019. This takes his photo into ON1. After editing in ON1 is finished he has a 'Done' button to press which takes his photo ,intact with edits ,back to LR6 CC. I do have the Plug-in Extras option under File too and I do have the arrow but that takes me to a list of only 4 options none of which are relevant or even that I'd use. Eg Import from Aperture Library. I don't have Aperture. Import from iPhoto Library is another. Neither do I have a 'Done' button in ON1 so when I watch ON1 tutorials and the narrator says, "So , now you're finished just click on Done. I was unable to do so.

On the face of it, it looks to me as though ON1RAW 2019.5 is not compatible with LR 6 .14 and my only option is to now sign up to LR CC. Like many others I just don't do enough photography to justify the monthly cost of £9.98 (I think). I suppose this is called progress. Old or software not made anymore, like LR6 Perpetual are left behind and users are forced to, as in this case, take on a subscription.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

I would check with the On1 support. ON1. RAW 2019.5 should install the necessary Plugins when it sees a LR install. Older versions of ON1 did this with LR6 and it does work with Lightroom Classic which is a version update to LR6.
Note the current name definitions do not include the term "CC" The Cloud version (What was at onetime called Lightroom CC is now called Lightroom. The successor to LR 6 was called Lightroom CC Classic and is now just called Lightroom Classic. You need to be clear about your friend's version of LR. LRCC used to refer to the cloud version of Lightroom and this does not have all of the functionality of the Classic version.
I don't have Lightroom (the cloudy) installed on this machine that has ON1. RAW 2019.5. But. ON1. RAW 2019.5 did install the plugins that you mention into Lightroom Classic.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get contact ON1 Support and also check back with my friend.

I would check with the On1 support. ON1. RAW 2019.5 should install the necessary Plugins when it sees a LR install. Older versions of ON1 did this with LR6 and it does work with Lightroom Classic which is a version update to LR6.
Note the current name definitions do not include the term "CC" The Cloud version (What was at onetime called Lightroom CC is now called Lightroom. The successor to LR 6 was called Lightroom CC Classic and is now just called Lightroom Classic. You need to be clear about your friend's version of LR. LRCC used to refer to the cloud version of Lightroom and this does not have all of the functionality of the Classic version.
I don't have Lightroom (the cloudy) installed on this machine that has ON1. RAW 2019.5. But. ON1. RAW 2019.5 did install the plugins that you mention into Lightroom Classic.

Hi..Just confirmed with my friend. He has Lightroom Classic so, re. your last paragraph, it would seem this is why he has the additional Plug-In options. I contacted ON1 Tech Support online. Just have to see if I get a response.

In Preferences > Presets, do you have store presets with this catalog checked? On1 installs their presets to the "default" location, so you'd need to manually move them to the per-catalog location if it is checked.

In Preferences > Presets, do you have store presets with this catalog checked? On1 installs their presets to the "default" location, so you'd need to manually move them to the per-catalog location if it is checked.

Thanks for replying. I’ve just checked and it’s not ticked so if I’ve understood correctly ON1 should have installed automatically. I clicked on ‘Show Lghrom Presets folder’. and it did show the correct folder If I can’t get this sorted I’ll get LR6 Classic with PS. It will make life so much easier. A friend has LR6 Classic and ON1 and he has isssues with ON1,too.

Could your isssue number one be connected with this problem?

On1 disappoints again: Retouching Forum: Digital Photography Review

Thanks for the link. I’ll send it to my friend too.

Well, I’ve read in various forums of users wanting to dump ON1. 2019.5 and re-installing the 2018 version.
As mentioned above a friend has LR6 Classic with PS and also ON1 and with my problems in mind sent a photo to ON1 and carried out some editing. I can’t recall what went wrong but things went wrong and the reason he wasn’t able to tell me when I first asked about my problems was that he didn’t use ON1 much as he had PS- Adobe Bridge ,Adobe Profile and another Adobe system ..I can’t recall what it’s called. He said he was now minded to ask ON1 for his money back. There’s a lot of unhappy ON1 users out there.

Hi again. I’ve mentioned my friend in the above posts,he’s pretty good with software but this has defeated him and he Emailed ON1 support, as you ‘d also recommend and two weeks later ..to date..no response.

The ones in the Edit In menu are just external editor presets. I can email them to you. Put them in /Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets

I have presets stored with catalog and a standard install of On1 to the default location. and do not have an issue with Lightroom Classic working with On1

Do you go through the plug-in Clee? Or through the Edit In - external editor presets? When I installed On1 yesterday, the plug-in installed ok but the external editor presets installed to the global location.

Do you go through the plug-in Clee? Or through the Edit In - external editor presets? When I installed On1 yesterday, the plug-in installed ok but the external editor presets installed to the global location.
You are correct, I've always used the Plugin Extras to R/T to ON1 and back. ON1 just installed a new version update and I was able to verify that it placed the External Editor presets in the global location. I would think that copy/move them to the preset location and restarting LR would make them available to LR with presets stored locally, but it does not. If I switch off the presets stored locally in preferences and restart Lightroom, the On1 Edit In presets are available (found in the global location).

You are correct, I've always used the Plugin Extras to R/T to ON1 and back. ON1 just installed a new version update and I was able to verify that it placed the External Editor presets in the global location. I would think that copy/move them to the preset location and restarting LR would make them available to LR with presets stored locally, but it does not. If I switch off the presets stored locally in preferences and restart Lightroom, the On1 Edit In presets are available (found in the global location).

Thanks Victoria and Clee01. The friend working on this hasn't been able to sort it. I've just sent him an Email re this Global location again.

Update:
None of the above worked but many thanks for trying to help, much appreciated. We've given up and requested a refund. My friend has pretty much the same problems with his . The 2019.5 update was launched on May 16th...prematurely, by all accounts. It's a pity as it has some very good features. We both got a reply apologising for the problems and a refund has been actioned..I do hope they make good on that statement. I did read on a forum that someone received a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back