• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR6 installer missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

viarmois

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
LR6
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Bonjour,
Unable to communicate with the Adobe Robots, I look for help here, amongs Humans !

In 2017, installed LR6 ( CD from Adobe ) on W7 as Visa was not LR6 friendly.

2 days ago multiple problems left me with no apparent choice but to totally uninstall LR6.
I first tried several proposed download links to reinstall, but non worked.

I then followed Adobe procedures, inserting the CD & the serial n° , and was met with surprising messages .

- you must connect with the web ....(!!! have been for the past n years )
- windows Vista in not catered for ( in french) -- despite being in W7 since 2017 ..
- this installer no longer available....

My qestion : How & where do I obtain this installer ?
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• install lr6.jpg
    install lr6.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 136
  • lr6 & W7.jpg
    lr6 & W7.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 127
  • pb adobe.jpg
    pb adobe.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 128
The link from Jim is now the only source for v6.
Did you click on the download link to see the [Save File] dialog?-
As in my screen-clip:
1634335614594.png

This is the Full install file for Version 6.14 (Not a "patch")

If you're on Windows 7, and are having connectivity issues, the steps here for How do I enable TLS 1.2 on Windows 7 may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html#faq
More details on this topic here-
https://community.adobe.com/t5/down...an-t-verify-subscription-status/td-p/12238403

The link from Jim is now the only source for v6.
Did you click on the download link to see the [Save File] dialog?-
As in my screen-clip:
View attachment 17266
This is the Full install file for Version 6.14 (Not a "patch")

If you're on Windows 7, and are having connectivity issues, the steps here for How do I enable TLS 1.2 on Windows 7 may help: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html#faq
More details on this topic here-
https://community.adobe.com/t5/down...an-t-verify-subscription-status/td-p/12238403
Bonjour from Up Top,
Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, the L6/cc link repeats the previous message:
1634386865448.jpeg

& leaves me no other entry mode.

My browser ( Chrome) is up to date & no sign of error P206 or TLS1.2 pb.

Oddly, I successfully reinstalled LR4.4 from a CD using the serial n°s of LR4 & LR2... which enables at least to work (play) with TIFF files.
I then tried, but failed, to reinstal LR5 as I have only the serial n° & it is not registered (? ) on my Adobe account... is there any way to activate it ?

ps: not sure where the file multiplication comes from !1634386865448.jpeg

Sorry I cannot be more help with the "Exception" error. I am not a computer "geek".
The download link works for me with Windows-10. I suggest that Windows-7 may be the problem for you.
I just successfully downloaded-
1634426406972.png

LR6 will be no use to you if you do not have a Serial Number specifically for LR6.
LR5 will work with a LR5 Serial Number (must have SN for LR4 also if LR5 was an upgrade)
LR5 Download link-
https://prodesigntools.com/download...htroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe

Sorry I cannot be more help with the "Exception" error. I am not a computer "geek".
The download link works for me with Windows-10. I suggest that Windows-7 may be the problem for you.
I just successfully downloaded-
View attachment 17281
LR6 will be no use to you if you do not have a Serial Number specifically for LR6.
LR5 will work with a LR5 Serial Number (must have SN for LR4 also if LR5 was an upgrade)
LR5 Download link-
https://prodesigntools.com/download...htroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe
Morning,
Agin, thank you for the help.
Despite having all the serial numbers, the Adobe serial killer just returns those error n°s !
Initially, to instal LR6 ( 2017) I had to update to W7 ( €98 +145 )...
Last year, I bought PSE19, which then asked for W10...and a new CPU...( €100+300)
I guess Adobe inc. is a major MS & Intel shareholder.
I am/was satisfied with W7 & actual configuration until this problem.
I think that I will now juggle with the various softwares ( LR4, PSE10, Silkware, DPP, Sigma PP ) as I have all my time...

ps: is there an Adobian technical services human being whom I may contact, shoul I decide to invest in a new computor ?

Morning,
Agin, thank you for the help.
Despite having all the serial numbers, the Adobe serial killer just returns those error n°s !
Initially, to instal LR6 ( 2017) I had to update to W7 ( €98 +145 )...
Last year, I bought PSE19, which then asked for W10...and a new CPU...( €100+300)
I guess Adobe inc. is a major MS & Intel shareholder.
I am/was satisfied with W7 & actual configuration until this problem.
I think that I will now juggle with the various softwares ( LR4, PSE10, Silkware, DPP, Sigma PP ) as I have all my time...

ps: is there an Adobian technical services human being whom I may contact, shoul I decide to invest in a new computor ?
I am sorry you are having installation problems. You are aware that Win7 is no longer a supported operating system, and that MS has announced the release of Win 11. It is difficult and often unproductive for companies, large or small, to support outdated operating systems. It is also a security issue as these operating systems are no longer updated and patched. I would suggest biting the bullet and updating to Win 10 or Win 11 when you can. While Adobe lists the minimum hardware/software specifications of their web site, I would encourage you to consider a machine that is better equipped than the minimum specifications if performance is important to you. You could always post the specifications of a machine under consideration and get feedback here at the forum. But in general, you will want a machine with at least 16GB of RAM and a current CPU (e.g. current generation Core i5 or i7 or a comparable AMD processor). A graphics card is optional, but you should get a fast internal drive if possible (SSD or NVMe).

Good luck,

--Ken

I am sorry you are having installation problems. You are aware that Win7 is no longer a supported operating system, and that MS has announced the release of Win 11. It is difficult and often unproductive for companies, large or small, to support outdated operating systems. It is also a security issue as these operating systems are no longer updated and patched. I would suggest biting the bullet and updating to Win 10 or Win 11 when you can. While Adobe lists the minimum hardware/software specifications of their web site, I would encourage you to consider a machine that is better equipped than the minimum specifications if performance is important to you. You could always post the specifications of a machine under consideration and get feedback here at the forum. But in general, you will want a machine with at least 16GB of RAM and a current CPU (e.g. current generation Core i5 or i7 or a comparable AMD processor). A graphics card is optional, but you should get a fast internal drive if possible (SSD or NVMe).

Good luck,

--Ken
I was effectively waiting for a reliable W11 release as I hated W8 & am not wideley enthusiastic with W10 on a laptop.
My desktop cpu is 2n gen I3 & obviously needs replacement. As the computor is dedicated to photo, the main parts are, I believe/hope, still viable.
I will appreciate your advice on a budget reasonable update, based on the data from the af.
Thank you.

I was effectively waiting for a reliable W11 release as I hated W8 & am not wideley enthusiastic with W10 on a laptop.
My desktop cpu is 2n gen I3 & obviously needs replacement. As the computor is dedicated to photo, the main parts are, I believe/hope, still viable.
I will appreciate your advice on a budget reasonable update, based on the data from the af.
Thank you.
the files would help !!

Attachments

• global système_1.jpg
    global système_1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 117
  • global système_2.jpg
    global système_2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 116
Thank you.
That is quite an old processor! I thought I was lagging with my 6th gen. i5, but I have 24GB of memory and an SSD, as well as a fair amount of patience. I am not sure how much of your current you can re-use, if any, but it will be night and day if you buy a new machine with new hardware. And with Win 10 on a new box, you could still try to install LR6, but I would recommend giving Classic a try. It comes with Photoshop and Portfolio to name just a couple of benefits. I know that subscription software is not popular with many folks, and I had my misgivings to a degree, but I try to look at the value I am getting, and Adobe did a decent job of offering a good package for a reasonably price. In either event with respect to LR, I think you will truly enjoy some new hardware.

--Ken

Good luck,

--Ken
Thanks again.
I will wait for w11 and meanwhile will use the different softwares with which I am familiar.
If I succede in loading lr6 & pse 19, it will be largely sufficient for my now limited use...
All the best.

SOS !!
Bonjour,
Having taken your advice, I have updated my computer to be compatible with W11 and installed W10.
The installers you sent me worked fine for LR5&6 and PSE19.
Great.

then the pbs started to flood in, as the afs show.

I opened LR6 directly from C:/ ...and clipped it on the 'barre des taches' ( LR prog sur C: )

this icon then found and opened the catalogue from the bup on the ext HD J:/ ... ok the first time.

If I then tried to re open the lrcat directly from the J: hd, I received the error message saying that the LR cat is ""too recent" ( lr en bup ext ) despite having just used it !

I created a new catalogue ... fine.

I saved it on closure, but when attempting to reopen, it came up with another odd message: '' not registered, not 'openable'" ( new ircat en c hs ) despite having just closed it !

Another oddity is the creation of a partial LR file in the user section. ( differing adobes )..??? moving it to complete the Adobe LR dossier in C: had no effect.

As a temporary conclusion, I have a functioning LR cat. icon, but have no idea as to where the file really hides.
As to the meaning of the errors ???

Win 7, all is forgiven, please come back !
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• LR en bup ext.png
    LR en bup ext.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 117
  • LR prog sur C.png
    LR prog sur C.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 104
  • new lrcat en c hs.png
    new lrcat en c hs.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 116
  • differing adobes.png