LR6 does not recognize Olympus camera (a Point & Shoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralf11

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
in fact, no Olympus cameras are recognized - mine is an Olympus Stylus S7040

I know the info is in the EXIF as the Mac Finder can search on it and pop up a few dozen .jpgs

I recognize that lens corrections might be automated or in the file, but I am searching on all old and P&S cameras I've ever used to process those photos for clarity, and DR adjustments

... any way to find them?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that Lightroom doesn't have lens corrections for Olympus P&S cameras? That's probably true--lens corrections are generally only available for raw files, and even then, only for cameras from certain manufacturers. Oly MFT cameras all have lens corrections done either in camera for JPEGs or automatically by Lightroom for raw files.

I am trying to locate the images as explained above so I can further process them.

This is not about m43 or MFT bodies.

OK, that's a little clearer. The images are in Lightroom, but you can't find them because you claim that LR doesn't "recognize" the cameras. Did you try listing Cameras in the Grid View's Metadata filter? I see both of my Oly cameras there:
2018-11-06 19_50_15-Window.jpg

The C3030Z camera was definitely a P&S.

Yes, I did. No Oly cameras show up in the Metadata - Camera filter choice - they are buried in there with the 1600+ 'unknown' cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back