Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Can anyone confirm it works.

Can anyone confirm it works.

Yes LR 6.14 works - my son updated to Catalina and it works just fine!
Someone at Adobe must have known that it would work - why not say so instead of "it may work"........... How come Victoria?

Someone at Adobe must have known that it would work - why not say so instead of "it may work"........... How come Victoria?
Because it is not properly tested and Adobe takes no responsibility if something goes wrong. Reports vary. I also read a report of somebody who said that he needs to force quit the application because it does not quit normally. That is asking for catalog corruption, so I would not say “it works” in that case.

I don't think it would have been a good idea to say in a blog, etc that it will work. More of an official document. If you say it in a forum thread it is not as damaging in case it doesn't. There may be other factors and not all users may experiencing the same thing. I wouldn't have given a solid confirmation either.

I looked up Laura Shoe's blog (and others) and they all said might or should. As far as Adobe knowing, if I ran that company I wouldn't waste my employees time to test it. That product died two years ago. Maybe they did. I don't know but I doubt it.

Paul said it work work in a thread or two so I figured it would. I don't care as I'm on 8.4.1 but there are confused people out there asking for a confirmation.

As Johan says, it's simply not tested. I did some brief testing and it looked ok, but a lot of stuff changed in Catalina so there's potential for a bunch of stuff to be broken. If they said "it does work", people who soon complain if they found a bug. Not being able to reactivate would be enough to put me off considering running LR6 and Catalina together, even if it kind of works for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back