• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The November 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes the ability to export the same photos as multiple sizes/formats in a single export, content aware fill for panorama edges and more. It does require a catalog format upgrade and there are updated system requirements, so you may want to wait a few days before upgrading.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options (such as TIFF format, renaming and color space), custom sort order on the desktop, copy/paste to multiple photos on iOS and more.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

LR6 and Catalina

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave
Can anyone confirm it works.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic

fullkoll

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Can anyone confirm it works.
Yes LR 6.14 works - my son updated to Catalina and it works just fine!
Someone at Adobe must have known that it would work - why not say so instead of "it may work"........... How come Victoria?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Someone at Adobe must have known that it would work - why not say so instead of "it may work"........... How come Victoria?
Because it is not properly tested and Adobe takes no responsibility if something goes wrong. Reports vary. I also read a report of somebody who said that he needs to force quit the application because it does not quit normally. That is asking for catalog corruption, so I would not say “it works” in that case.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
We answered this on the blog post when Catalina was released:

The blog post said "Lightroom 6.14 may continue to work". I know you said it would in other posts but I was interested in a confirmation after the upgrade.

Thanks.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I don't think it would have been a good idea to say in a blog, etc that it will work. More of an official document. If you say it in a forum thread it is not as damaging in case it doesn't. There may be other factors and not all users may experiencing the same thing. I wouldn't have given a solid confirmation either.

I looked up Laura Shoe's blog (and others) and they all said might or should. As far as Adobe knowing, if I ran that company I wouldn't waste my employees time to test it. That product died two years ago. Maybe they did. I don't know but I doubt it.

Paul said it work work in a thread or two so I figured it would. I don't care as I'm on 8.4.1 but there are confused people out there asking for a confirmation.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
As Johan says, it's simply not tested. I did some brief testing and it looked ok, but a lot of stuff changed in Catalina so there's potential for a bunch of stuff to be broken. If they said "it does work", people who soon complain if they found a bug. Not being able to reactivate would be enough to put me off considering running LR6 and Catalina together, even if it kind of works for now.