LR6.14 License Conundrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix Culpa

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I had purchased LR6.14 legally and the serial number is registered on my Adobe Account; I had been using it successfully on two computers for awhile. With a new computer, I "de-registered" my "perpetual License" LR 6.14 from an older win7 computer to comply with the "2 computer" restriction and provide access for a new installation. Using that serial number for my new installation of the software, it reports that the license limit has been reached and is no longer valid. The "trial period" for running LR6.14 w/out a license has expired. Contacting Adobe, all they will tell me is that that version is no longer supported. Has anyone experienced this issue or is able to advise me how to get LR6.14 to run on a second new win10 computer, given what I explained above? I relied on the term "perpetual" (and it's 2 computer limitation) ..... but am wondering if/how Adobe intends to honor it's agreement.

I think you need to speak with some one else at Adobe. First attempt to deregister the license from all of your computers at the Account management page at Adobe. Then one at a time register your two computers. If you are unsuccessful at this, you need to Contact Adobe about the trouble you are having at deregistering and reregistering your valid license. The problem is not with LR6, but at the Adobe site which validates licenses. Do not accept the quick answer that LR6 is no longer supported. You are not asking for support, you are asking for help registering a product.

In your Adobe account (under which you registered it originally) can you see anything? I'm not on the perpetual any longer, but have a vague memory you could see the devices there and remove them manually?

I think I remember doing that, as well. Use to be that way, I guess. All I see, now is the dates I purchased and the serial numbers for L/R 5 and 6. No way to reset or remove devices. When I chatted w/ support, a month ago, I believe they said the server was no longer running so they could not reset for me. Anyway, thank you for trying to help.

If true, I guess Adobe has decided the number of people they will annoy is small enough they don't care. A shame really, when technical enforcement measures prevent people from using software they legitimately own (even if, to be fair, I think most of us feel you would be better off just getting the subscription -- a LOT of good stuff since 6.x).

I am experiencing the exact same problem! Does any one perhaps have the installer files for LR6.14 available? I stored all the updater files but that is not of any use ...

It's the same download for both the perpetual license and subscription version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back