LR6.14 Can not Find Photo Folders and associating them with Catalogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard_1

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I was having some problems with my HD for my Windows 8.1 Laptop and my IT guy had problems in cloning my drive, installing a new SSD drive with Windows 10. We thought that the drive actually was a hybrid as reported by Asus. We found that what was thought to be a hybrid drive was actually a small SSD mounted on the mother board and a 1 TB HD was a separate drive. There were errors on the Drive C that prevented our cloning the drive before installing Windows 10. Windows 10 was installed on the new SSD drive and due to the problems and the contents of Drive C and Drive D (data) were copied to the new SSD 2 TB HD which only has a drive C with no additional partitioning. I can't even read Drive C but have copied it to 2 external HDs.

I have been able to install Photoshop PS6.13 and LR6.14 onto the new Windows 10 SSD HD. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the LR catalogs having been installed onto the new Drive C. But, was able to find them on my 2 external drives. Unfortunatley I opened one and made an error and LR rewrote part of the saved catalog. But, I copied all of the LR catalog information from the other external HD to the same location on the new Drive C.

LR recognizes that there are catalogs, but it is now unable to find the photos because they are no longer on Drive D but now on Drive C - This PC > Pictures > Lightroom.

LR doesn't know where my photo folders are. How do I make the changes so that LR6.14 can find the photos that are on the drive. How to do I make corretions so that LR6.14 can not only find/see the catalogs but also find all of the associated Photo folders?

I am very reluctant to try to import the files the picture folders for any day because I am concerned about another issue.

Also, I still have to install all of the Profiles and Presets for some settings and cameras. I presume, that those can be installed after we can set and figure out how to make the appropriate settings for LR to find the images.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back