Lr5.3rc1 Spot(clone-heal)repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose Weir

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Tested the rc1 version with a small catalog update.
I selected some images from my desktop master catalog-year 2008 specifically filled with clone spots and some heal. I did these last night with v4.4
I tested this on an extra laptop, an under powered older win7 laptop because I didn't want to overwrite the desktop 5.2 catalog....just yet.

The imported catalog of 14 well spotted images updated perfectly.

There hasn't been much discussion on this feature that the feathering was zeroed out in version 5.2
My older images in 2007,2008 using an original Canon Rebel always had dirty sensor spots.:disgusted:
I look forward to the final edition of 5.3

Rose

There is something I don't understand about this feature possibly because I haven't used it yet! My concern is that it "maps" out the different spots on a sensor and you can then apply them to other images? So far so good but when you clone/heal a spot LR chooses another area in the image that is the source? But if you apply the sync to another image then the source could be different which means you will have to change the source?

But if you apply the sync to another image then the source could be different which means you will have to change the source?

It depends. If you just click on the spot, it auto finds a source, and when you sync it auto finds a new source for each photo. If you manually set the source, then that source is fixed for the synced photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back