The jpg file does not appear in Lightroom 4
And this is not okay for me

So I delete the psd file
I synchronize the folder containing the image
The dialog tells that there is one new file
I click ok to import

Very boring…

••••••••

Well, I have just discovered that the Synchronize operation works only if the "Show import options" is activate.

Last edited:
Interesting problem. By design, I believe that you are not supposed to be able to 'save as' and create a Jpeg, and have it show up in the catalog automatically. Having said that, I recall being very surprised sometime last year when we realised that it WAS in fact possible. So I just tried to test it again, and oddly I can no longer make this happen....if I use 'save as' instead of 'save', and select the jpeg file type, the resulting jpeg does not appear in the catalog. I tested this on 2.7, 3.6, and 4.0 and got consistent results. I can only conclude that one of the 3.x versions created the loophole which allowed it, and a later 3.x version closed it again.

BTW, synchronising the folder in LR4 works correctly for me with the "Show Import Dialog" option checked OR unchecked.

I think that the problem is due to the fact that LR4 now uses camera raw 3.6 but has been developed for camera raw 4.
Could it be?

I really don't know....as I said I was always under the impression that using 'save as' would NOT bring the image back into LR, although it certainly did for a while. So maybe LR4 fixes a loophole....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back