• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR3 stopped importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley J

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I have been using LR 3 for about 2 weeks now and have been delighted with it. I had been working with the program for quite some time today and when I went to import a photo from my camera, I clicked on import, the thumbnail showed up in the Library,(I also double clicked on the thumbnail to view in loupe view and it rendered it just fine), it was checked for import, but when I clicked import to bring the picture into LR3 I got the message: "the following files were not imported because they could not be read DSC_84'3.jpg". Which in this instance was a file from my Nikon.

I initially used the card reader on my PC, then tried using a cable from Nikon to the USB port on my PC...to no avail.

Rebooted my system. No dice.

Then took a picture with my Canon, but when I try to import it, I get the same "not imported" message.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Stan

Whew, I am pleased to report, after quite a bit of anxiety, searching the web and just plain fiddling around with the program I solved the problem.

Somehow or other the destination of where my imported photos was to go was the issue. In my haste and I am sorry I can not tell you how or what folder got selected.....all I can recall was it was a folder under the Users folder and not under my name. Once I switched to the My Pictures folder located under my name---shazam I was back in business. I have no idea why this would be an issue.

Like I said, I have been getting very very fond of this program and am much relieved.

So it goes,

Stan

I am encountering an importing problem also after 2 weeks of trouble-free operation. "Lightroom has encountered a problem and needs to close" message pops up each time I click Import. I have a Nikon D2x. I am using Windows XP. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back