• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR3 Slideshow music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude

Hi
In LR2 I could use an itunes playlist and play several tracks over a slideshow. Now in LR3 it seems I can only pick 1 mp3 file?? Has it really gone backwards? :(

I don't know if you noticed how often that very feature was broken with each new release of iTunes. iTunes kept changing how it dealt with playlists making it a nightmare to deal with. I believe the choice to go with 1 mp3 was related to being able to export video. It's rather easy to create an mp3 using Audacity, which is a free download.

BTW this was like this all through the Beta.

[quote author=Jude link=topic=9987.msg67644#msg67644 date=1276''8433]
... Has it really gone backwards? :(
[/quote]

It's just been adapted to what we poor Windows users have been living with ... ;)

Beat

Yep, I did notice it was a bit hit and miss with i-tunes. Thanks for the tip about audacity hadn't come across that. You can tell I'm not adventurous and don't really keep up I didn't download the beta3. :icon_biggrin:

Yes it is a backward step. I was hoping it was just a Beta issue but apparently not. It will break all your current slideshows which is very annoying if you a lot. I had very little issues with the iTunes implementation myself.

Hello All

Back again, got round to audacity and something called lame, exported and 2 tracks to an mp3, but LR just gives me an exclamation mark when I select it in the slideshow module. All advice appreciated. ???

Back again, must have messed it up somewhere, tried it again and it works perfect. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back