LR2/Mogrify ~ Watermark Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MacFly

I have been successfully using my original watermark w/o any issues. I recently got a new logo designed, but now i'm having an issue with the new logo showing as a watermark. i've tried adding it just like the old one, but no luck.

Both logo'S are in .png format.

"JP"= new logo
logo w/cursive "john" = old, working logo

thanks in advance!

Try resaving it as a PSD file.... I just have a vague recollection.....

Victoria Bampton;4456' said:
Try resaving it as a PSD file.... I just have a vague recollection.....
sorry, but the file has no layers thus can't be convereted to PSD.

here's the latest update...

i was just on the phone with my designer - she too has LR on a Mac. she added mogrify and was able to successfully add our .png watermark! we went over each mogrify dialogue box and we have the same settings and using the same exact .png file. to top it off, she's on a trial version of LR and mine is fully registered. :shock:

can someone please shed some light on this before i pull my hair out! :lol:

Have you got the latest version of Mogrify?

sorry, but the file has no layers thus can't be convereted to PSD.

here's the latest update...

i was just on the phone with my designer - she too has LR on a Mac. she added mogrify and was able to successfully add our .png watermark! we went over each mogrify dialogue box and we have the same settings and using the same exact .png file. to top it off, she's on a trial version of LR and mine is fully registered. :shock:

can someone please shed some light on this before i pull my hair out! :lol:

yup, v1.65

And LR 2.3?

Does Mogrify work if you export just with a border or some other setting like that?

Last edited:
ok, this getting frustrating! i forwarded Tim's response to the issue to my designer. she was kind enough to create a .psd...no luck!

why is it that one .png works and another doesn't!??

I'm having same problem. Latest LRmogrify; proper path to mogrify.exe.
I've tried several different fonts and pixel size, varied transparency levels outputting a jpeg file. Also tried my .png graphic watermark with the same result, i.e., nada.
I'm trying this plugin for watermarks only, so its a pity that it doesn't work.

I'm having same problem. Latest LRmogrify; proper path to mogrify.exe.
I've tried several different fonts and pixel size, varied transparency levels outputting a jpeg file. Also tried my .png graphic watermark with the same result, i.e., nada.
I'm trying this plugin for watermarks only, so its a pity that it doesn't work.
sorry to hear you going through the same thing!

in my case, i've been using a .png watermark and it works flawlessly! it's just with this new logo that it won't work. what gives?!

i've already sent Tim an email and i'll report back when i hear back.

Did we ever get an answer to my earlier question - do it work on *anything* i.e. text or borders or....? That'll help narrow down what's going wrong.

Did we ever get an answer to my earlier question - do it work on *anything* i.e. text or borders or....? That'll help narrow down what's going wrong.

sorry. currently, everything works flawlessly with the add on. it's when i use the new .png logo, it never shows up!

when i try the new logo with a border via mogrify, the border shows up....but no new logo! but when i reinsert the old logo.....bam, it's there!

i am in contact with Tim via email, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this! i've even gone as far as removing mogrify and redownloading, reinserting the add on!

I'll give it a shot here too - what settings are you using for the graphic watermark section? Know how to do a screenshot of that bit of the export dialog?

I really hate to say this.... but it doesn't like you! It works here too, sorry!

I'd try one obvious thing which solves the weirdest of bugs - close LR and move your preferences file somewhere safe, and then restart LR and try it again. If it works, set all your preferences up again and celebrate; if it doesn't put it back so you don't have to reset anything.

Victoria Bampton;4469' said:
I really hate to say this.... but it doesn't like you! It works here too, sorry!

I'd try one obvious thing which solves the weirdest of bugs - close LR and move your preferences file somewhere safe, and then restart LR and try it again. If it works, set all your preferences up again and celebrate; if it doesn't put it back so you don't have to reset anything.

pls don't say that! :cry:

what do you mean about moving my preferences?!

You just said it still works ok with your old logo though, didn't you? Hmmm, prefs probably won't help then.

For the sake of experimentation, I've just changed your logo to a white-background jpeg. Fancy giving this one a shot?

You just said it still works ok with your old logo though, didn't you? Hmmm, prefs probably won't help then.

For the sake of experimentation, I've just changed your logo to a white-background jpeg. Fancy giving this one a shot?

yes, it works with my old logo! that's whats so baffling?!

OMG, i can kiss you!!!! it showed up, but a tiny logo on the bottom right! so i'm assuming my new logo is too small to show! my old logo is 9''x322 and the new one is 278x215.

think its the size or the fact that you changed the background to white?!

Brilliant, we have progress!!!!!!

Ok try these - other logo, one white background jpeg, one resaved PNG.

Brilliant, we have progress!!!!!!

Ok try these - other logo, one white background jpeg, one resaved PNG.
these are my OLD logo's that i have working with no problems!

i need the new logo to work with transparency please!! i can't have a white background for a watermark. new logo below.

Ah, missed that bit, sorry!

Ok, try this one.... it's a tad fuzzy because I've made it so much bigger, but if this works, you'll know what to ask your designer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back