• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR10CC Library view extremely slow with calibrated monitor profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico11mbit

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic-Version: 10.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi, i figured out, that with calibrated monitors on MacOS the library view in Lightroom CC v10 is round a bout 20 times slower, than with monitor profile "apple RGB" chosen. The editing section is fine with the profiles from calibrated monitors.

Herewe have EIZO monitors with color navigator software on catalina. We can reproduce this behaviour through all Macs in our whole company.

The same behaviour is in Indesign v16 and illustrator v25.

It is awful. we cannot use the Adobe CC anymore.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this without having to do recalibration?

What kind of profile did you select when you calibrated? Matrix generally works better than LUT.

There is a report of performance problems on macOS. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...fter-upgrading/5f91bbf7917fbb3a9935742e?red=a

Your observations about the monitor profile could be key to tracking it down, so it would be worth adding some comments to that thread.... scratch that, I see you beat me to it!

You might want to roll back for now, or one more thing you could try, would be recalibrating one machine (as a test) with other software like the software that comes with the calibration puck or perhaps a trial of something like BasICColor.

There is a report of performance problems on macOS. https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...fter-upgrading/5f91bbf7917fbb3a9935742e?red=a

Your observations about the monitor profile could be key to tracking it down, so it would be worth adding some comments to that thread.... scratch that, I see you beat me to it!

You might want to roll back for now, or one more thing you could try, would be recalibrating one machine (as a test) with other software like the software that comes with the calibration puck or perhaps a trial of something like BasICColor.
ColorNavigator IS the software which comes with the Colorimeter. The colorimeter is build in the EIZO 318-4K. That is the flagship and tara monitor for all hardware calibrated monitors. So there is no chance to do this with another software. And it would be a terrible workaround to calibrate a 5000$ Monitor with a 100$ puck and another software.

I'm not suggesting it as a solution Chico, just a test as to whether it's a conflict with the profiles created by that specific software. BasICColor is listed as compatible with the 381-4K

Then all we can do is roll back and wait for Adobe to investigate at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back