LR won't recognise my 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Photofeerique

Since I upgraded to LR 1.2, I can't import directly from my Canon 3'D. When I try, LR simply doesn't see any of the files on the card. I have to save them to file via the Canon software, and then import the photographs through LR. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Welcome to the forum!

Import from Device unfortunately got broken in 1.2 and the bug was only discovered just after release.

The normal Import should still work correctly, so just select your camera as the 'disk' to read from.

Victoria Bampton;2'45 said:
The normal Import should still work correctly, so just select your camera as the 'disk' to read from.

I don't know about PCs, but on Macs the Canon cameras don't mount the card as a disk. You would have to use an external card reader to mount the CF card or import the pics to your computer with the Canon software or Image Capture.

Well spotted Cannon. I've never actually plugged my camera into my Mac... always use a card reader... but I must try that sometime.

I have a similar problem. Wont recognise the card in my 2'D, or in my card reader, since upgrading to 1.2. Will it be fixed in the next version?

I now have to copy firstly to my Epson Storage Viewer and then to Lightroom.
It's taking me 45 minutes to import a 2GB card! :roll:

You'd be far better off buying a cheap card reader Lee!!! Even if the Import from Device was working, it'd still be quicker to upload.

Unplug the one the camera's connected to, and plug a card reader into that. ;)

I think it's time to buy a hub Lee! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back