• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR won't load on my new Imac

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
I own the disc for LR, and have faithfully upgraded whenever upgrades were available, so when my Mac Pro died, I got out the disc and went through the loading process, and got the program on the machine and the dock, but for some reason the Imac won't access it.

What am I doing wrong here??

Adobe released LR6.8 to be compatible with MacOS (Sierra) I think you would be better off sending the LR6.0 app to the trash and starting over with a fresh install of LR6.10 from this Link: Download

Adobe released LR6.8 to be compatible with MacOS (Sierra) I think you would be better off sending the LR6.0 app to the trash and starting over with a fresh install of LR6.10 from this Link: Download
Thanks Cletus, I did that but I get a message telling me You do't have permission to download this over this server etc. Is there some way to get permission??

Thanks Cletus, I did that but I get a message telling me You do't have permission to download this over this server etc. Is there some way to get permission??
Strange message. I just click on the word "Download" in my/your reply and the file downloads. I just downloaded the dmg file 4 times to my Downloads folder. Are you operating your Mac as an administrator? You should be.

Yep, as administrator, I will have another go at it.

Just on the off chance that it's the Adobe website throwing that error, try signing into your Adobe account.

I signed in and still get the no access message- I will call Adobe

Ok, just don't let them talk you into signing up for a sub if you don't want to, because we'll get you the right file one way or another!

thanks Victoria- they told me I had to go on their chat service and I am trying to navigate it now. I will let you know what kind of luck I have.

Ok, finally- Adobe won't talk to you about stand alones, you have to go the the chat room. After some time, I managed to:
get my purchase history; copy down the pertinent serial numbers; figure out which LR I have the disc for - the folder doesn't say- turns out it is version #1, and hola! I got the damn thing loaded and functional. Thanks to both of ye for the support.
I try and brave Photoshop, but the version I have the disc for is CS2, so maybe out of luck there.

Yeah, I somehow doubt CS2 will even run, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back