• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

LR with Synology Moments workflow?

Brewder

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Hello,

I have a new Synology NAS and am contemplating using their new Moments app for photo sharing. Just curious if anyone else uses this product and what your workflow looks like.

I believe photos need to be uploaded to the NAS using a tool/app installed on a PC and not simply copied to a shared folder on the NAS. I have well over 20,000 jpg's already stored on a shared folder on the NAS... this now implies i need to move them to my PC, then re-upload using the Moments app tool.

Today my workflow looks like this (I shoot RAW):

1. Import RAW from SD card to a local NVME drive on my PC
2. Cull/sort/Edit all images on ultra fast storage
3. Export keepers to JPG format in the same folder (adding to the LR catalog and stacking with the associated NEF's)
4 . Manual upload to Flikr / ShutterFly / whatever..
5. Move (using LR) to the proper folder structure on my NAS for permanent storage in my catalog.

//Brew