• Welcome to Lightroom Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to register and post your first thread under Help on the menubar above. You're also welcome to join our newsletter, download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • You may have noticed this website was offline on Saturday 22nd September. Our web host suffered what is known as "a perfect storm". Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. As a result of restoring backups, we appear to have lost about 18 hours of posts, but hopefully nothing more. If your post seems to have been affected, please do repost, and we look forward to helping. If you have any questions, you're welcome to use the Contact Webmaster link on the page footer.
  • Lightroom Classic 7.5 and Lightroom CC 1.5 have just gone live, and there's some exciting mobile updates to follow. And the big news... my Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro book has just been released too!

LR with Synology Moments workflow?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Hello,

I have a new Synology NAS and am contemplating using their new Moments app for photo sharing. Just curious if anyone else uses this product and what your workflow looks like.

I believe photos need to be uploaded to the NAS using a tool/app installed on a PC and not simply copied to a shared folder on the NAS. I have well over 20,000 jpg's already stored on a shared folder on the NAS... this now implies i need to move them to my PC, then re-upload using the Moments app tool.

Today my workflow looks like this (I shoot RAW):

1. Import RAW from SD card to a local NVME drive on my PC
2. Cull/sort/Edit all images on ultra fast storage
3. Export keepers to JPG format in the same folder (adding to the LR catalog and stacking with the associated NEF's)
4 . Manual upload to Flikr / ShutterFly / whatever..
5. Move (using LR) to the proper folder structure on my NAS for permanent storage in my catalog.

//Brew