• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • 21 February 2024 It's Lightroom update time again! See What’s New in Lightroom Classic 13.2, Mobile & Desktop (February 2024)? for all the update news. It's mainly new cameras, new lenses and loads of bug fixes in this release.

LR/TreeExporter not working with Lightroom Classic 11.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaytanic

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic: 11.5 [ 202208080927-8a575c91 ]
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi,
I've been using LR/TreeExporter for several months/years and today I've noticed that it's not working anymore and since the last time I've used it (few weeks ago) the only thing that changed was LR version, now 11.5.
I've tried to export some photos and it creates the destination folder but then it gets stuck on without exporting anything and if I stop the export task it shows the following message:

"Si è verificato un errore interno: ./LR2TreeExporterExportTask.lua:109: bad argument #1 to 'leafName' (string expected, got nil)"
("An internal error occurred" is the translation of the first part of the message before ";").

Did anyone experience the same problem and has found a solution? Is there any other alternative to export images with the tree structure as LR/TreeExporter?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Make sure you have the latest update of the plugin. If it's Jeffrey Friedl's "Folder Publisher" then the not below pertaining to build 121 (latest is 124) .

20220309.121Work around a bug in Lightroom 11.2 that causes publishing to get stuck. The workaround is to switch the view away from the collection being published. If the user does that switch manually, the bug goes away. This plugin update notices if the bug is being triggered, and if so, momentarily switches the view to the quick collection and back.

I think you're referring to this plugin:
https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtreeexporter.php?sec=main

It hasn't been updated since 2010. There have been reports of several publish/export plugins having problems with LR 11.4 and 11.5. You could try rolling back to LR 11.3.1 or (what I would recommend) switch to the Folder Publisher plugin. The developer actively maintains his plugins and provides excellent support.
Yes, I’m referring to that plug-in.. I’ve seen that it’s no longer updated but it worked perfectly and was what I needed. Folder publisher does a bit more, it needs you to build a collection and it keeps it synchronized: if you change the source images it re-publishes on the external folder. I don’t need something like that and I’d like to have something like tree exporter that you trigger with an export operation on demand. Btw I’ll give a look at the folder publisher plugin that could solve my problems anyway, thanks for the hint!

I think you're referring to this plugin:
https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrtreeexporter.php?sec=main

It hasn't been updated since 2010. There have been reports of several publish/export plugins having problems with LR 11.4 and 11.5. You could try rolling back to LR 11.3.1 or (what I would recommend) switch to the Folder Publisher plugin. The developer actively maintains his plugins and provides excellent support.
Hi, I've tried the Folder Publisher plugin but I can't find the useful option that was available in Tree Exporter where you could specify where to begin in the lightroom hierarchy to replicate the folder structure. For example, I have MyPhotos main folder with 2020, 2021 and 2022 subfolders. I'd like to create 2020, 2021 and 2022 folders on the destination without creating also the MyPhotos main folder, as I could do with the other plugin. Do you know if it is possible to replicate the behavior of Tree Exporter?

You might contact the author Jeffrey Friedl directly. You can find his email address somewhere on his web site, and he usually responds fairly promptly to questions posted in the comments section at the bottom of the plugin page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back