LR Template for Password-Protected Galleries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tammycravit

Does anyone know of an LR template that would allow me to create password-protected Flash galleries? I know I can easily fiddle with the gallery directory on the server after the fact, but it would be nice to eliminate that intervening step.

Thanks!
Tammy

tammycravit;16'5 said:
Does anyone know of an LR template that would allow me to create password-protected Flash galleries? I know I can easily fiddle with the gallery directory on the server after the fact, but it would be nice to eliminate that intervening step.

Hello, Tammy!
Perhaps Matthew, from Turning Gate can help you, he's been doing lots of good work with WebGalleries for LR.
Regards,
:roll:

Oh nice work Matthew!!!! I'd been looking for something like this, thanks!

Remember his Site excepts Donations. Hardworking fellow!

:)

Don

Matthew,

Thanks for the help and tutorial. Only one problem. If you change the fimename of index.html to index.php, it breaks the link to go back to the index page when navigating from other pages in the galler. I am trying yo use this for proof galleries using the LRG-1 with PayPal.

Everyone:
Glad to get such a fantastic response. Thank you much for the compliments, and I hope you all find it very useful!

Butch:
Unfortunately, the filename needs to be .php in order for the PHP scripting to run. There are Javascript solutions that do not necessitate a filename change, but most of them are insecure; visitors can typically obtain your password by looking at source code. A number of other solutions are far more complicated and would introduce even greater problems.

Either you'll need to change the problematic links to the new filename, or you can write out links without specifying the index.html/.php file.

Instead of:

www.domain.com/index.html

Just use:

www.domain.com/

The web server will pick up whatever index file it finds by default so long as it's configured properly, and usually index.php is already configured to be a recognizable index file.

Matthew,

Can this be set up to create the proper links by editing the Gallery Maker xml prior to exporting to Web in LR?

Butch

Being as it's not a gallery, but a modification you can choose to apply to any existing gallery (or not), no, there's little sense in having the gallery output PHP files.

Matthew,

No, not generate php files, but change the links back to the index.html to index.php. As I said earlier, I have been using the LRG-One template which has a separate html page for each large image in the gallery, each has a link back to the main index. Kind of tough to go in and manually change them all after the gallery is generated. I thought maybe there was a way to set this up beforehand either in the Gallery Maker xml or the Transformer.xslt.

Ah, sorry Butch. I didn't understand what you were talking about. I've got you now.

The easiest thing to do is a batch Find All & Replace on the entire gallery. DreamWeaver supports this, as do a number of other editors. I use skEdit on the Mac, and that can do it too. You should be able to change them all in one fell swoop.

Matthew,

You Da' Man! Been using GoLive for years and didn't know it was capable of this until I read your post and consulted the help files. Thanks again!

BBEdit is another app good for this sort of find and replace. Parces out HTML and the like in color code, too.

:)

DOn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back