LR reseting all adjustment every time I save picture in PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadee naeem

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Background:

Hey everyone, I update my lightroom and photoshop cc 2015 now I have camera raw 9.7 which I believe is the latest one, after updating I am facing very annoying problem which wasn’t there before.

Problem:

When I use edit in photshop feature in LR. Photoshop open my file but when I save it, its reset all my adjustments in LR for that picture.

My work flow:

I usually make all my color correction and adjustments in LR on the copy of image which created when you do edit in photshop, and use photoshop only for skin clearness and dodge and burn etc but not color correction. Now when ever I save my file after dodge and burn or etc in photoshop LR automatically reset all my adjustment to 0. Its very very annoying since I like to work back and forth in LR PS.

I checked the some problem is happening on my laptop and Desktop only after upgrade

Please Please help me

Portfolio: Fadee Naeem (@fadeenaeemphotography) • Instagram photos and videos

When you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, Lightroom will render a tiff with its adjustments 'baked in', so what you see it completely normal. I don't know what you did in the past, but going back and forth between Lightroom and Photoshop without losing your non-destructive Lightroom adjustments isn't possible, unless you start with a tiff/psd/jpeg and use 'edit original'. In that case you won't see the Lightroom adjustments when you are in Photoshop, but you will see them when you get back in Lightroom. Perhaps that is what you did?

I m using lightroom on very often since last 4 years and it always use to happen like this, wat every I change on photoshop only those changes apper on LR and all LR adjustments stays same. which was very help full.
Is there anyway or setting that can allow me to do this.

Thanks

I m using lightroom on very often since last 4 years and it always use to happen like this, wat every I change on photoshop only those changes apper on LR and all LR adjustments stays same. which was very help full. Is there anyway or setting that can allow me to do this.

I'm sorry, but what you describe is still not clear. Did you see the Lightroom edits while you were in Photoshop? I think not. Let me explain:

Lightroom is a so-called 'parametric' editor. That means that it does not change the pixels of the original file, but keeps the edits as a list of instructions. When you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, there are two possibilities:

1: Lightroom will apply the adjustments and send the result to Photoshop. That means that you do see the Lightroom adjustments in the opened image in Photoshop, but these adjustments are now applied to the pixels. That is why the Lightroom adjustment settings are all reset to zero when the image comes back from Photoshop into Lightroom. If they were not reset to zero, they would be applied twice.
2: Lightroom will send the image without any adjustments to Photoshop. This is not possible with raw files, but it is possible with jpeg/tiff/psd originals if choose 'Edit Original' in the dialog. This means that you will see the image in Photoshop without the Lightroom adjustments applied to it, but when you come back in Lightroom you will see the Photoshop edits you made and the Lightroom sliders are still the way they were. Nothing will be reset, so you will see both the Photoshop edits and the Lightroom edits and the Lightroom edits are still parametric edits.

I think you probably used number 2 in the past with non-raw originals, so the answer is that you should use 'Edit Original' in that case.

I'm sorry, but what you describe is still not clear. Did you see the Lightroom edits while you were in Photoshop? I think not. Let me explain:

Lightroom is a so-called 'parametric' editor. That means that it does not change the pixels of the original file, but keeps the edits as a list of instructions. When you send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, there are two possibilities:

1: Lightroom will apply the adjustments and send the result to Photoshop. That means that you do see the Lightroom adjustments in the opened image in Photoshop, but these adjustments are now applied to the pixels. That is why the Lightroom adjustment settings are all reset to zero when the image comes back from Photoshop into Lightroom. If they were not reset to zero, they would be applied twice.
2: Lightroom will send the image without any adjustments to Photoshop. This is not possible with raw files, but it is possible with jpeg/tiff/psd originals if choose 'Edit Original' in the dialog. This means that you will see the image in Photoshop without the Lightroom adjustments applied to it, but when you come back in Lightroom you will see the Photoshop edits you made and the Lightroom sliders are still the way they were. Nothing will be reset, so you will see both the Photoshop edits and the Lightroom edits and the Lightroom edits are still parametric edits.

I think you probably used number 2 in the past with non-raw originals, so the answer is that you should use 'Edit Original' in that case.

Thanks alot for explaining in detail I really appreciate it.

So what I understand from your answer is that If am trying to edit raw image in photoshop, light room will not even show me dialogue box where I can choose if i want to edit original or copy. it will show only on Tiff, jpeg or psd bcoz before it used to show.
Note: I capture RAW+JPG and they both import in same folder so maybe before updating My ACR & LR, LR wasn't supporting raw files and only showing me jpgs.

Correct. If you start with a raw file, you don't have a choice so you don't get that dialog. Lightroom will send a rendered tiff to Photoshop, so the Lightroom edits will be 'baked into the pixels' of that tiff. When the tiff comes back from Photoshop in Lightroom, the Lightroom edit sliders will be set to zero, otherwise they would be applied twice. Of course the original raw file is also still there, and those edits should not be reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back