• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lr Prefers Its Window Zoom Setting to Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky3540

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
This is a minor annoyance, not a big problem. I size my LR window to leave some space around the edges between it and the iMac gray desktop, but whenever I hit F to see an image full screen, then hit F again to go back to Loupe view or Grid view, LR has zoomed the window to fill the screen—which I don't want. I don't recall that it worked this way previously; maybe it started after I installed the latest update.

Just to be clear: I'm not talking about zooming in and out of individual photos, I'm talking about the size of the overall Lr window.

I can return to my preferred unzoomed window size by going to the Window menu and clicking Zoom. But I don't want to have to do that all the time, and it seems like it should work the opposite way; that is, it should stick with my unzoomed view and only fill the screen when I go to Window>Zoom and click on Zoom.

I've tried resetting Lr Preferences and restarting my iMac. That didn't fix it.

Any ideas how I can make the default size be the unzoomed size, which I think is what it ought to be?

OK. Thanks. Guess we'll all have to wait for the next release for this to be fixed.

I'm seeing something possible related. If I am in develop and work with one of the TAT tools, Maybe the spot removal tool. I can set up a new target and make adjustments. If I click in the tool icon, the image zooms to some impossibly large zoom and I have to fit the image to the window again before I can proceed. Is this related to the reported bug? Or something else?

I tried to replicate what you're describing. My system doesn't do what yours is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back