• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Performance During Keywording

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWU2

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
I've been having performance problems during keywording. Keywording works fine initially, and gets gradually less and less responsive. In addition, selecting photos gets less responsive, and sometimes clicks for selection are ignored. Leaving LR and restarting temporarily resolves the issue, but additional keywording causes gradual degradation.

I've seen a couple of threads on this forum on this topic before, from over 2 years ago. They are:
Is anyone seeing performance issues with LR 5.2?
and,
Is anyone seeing performance issues with LR 5.2?

As you can see, these pertained to LR 5.2, and there wasn't a solution at the time.

Here's my system configuration:
Win10 Home Edition V. 6607, OS build 14393576, 64 bit
Intel I7-4790 3.60 GHZ
16G RAM
8GB DDR3
Nvidia Geforce GT-720 PCIe/SSE2 with 2GB
LR CC 2015.8 with graphic processor checked in use in LR
Ample HD space

So, is there a solution to this issue, other than constantly restarting LR? Is this a known issue that Adobe is already working on?

Regards,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not surprise me that there are some known memory leaks that have not been traced in LRCC2015.8. If you can take a look at Windows memory usage while running LR you can find out if there any run away processes. You might also disable the GPU acceleration to see if this makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back