• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR on iPhone crashes when using Select Sky or Subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

del.hand

Del
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. iOS
Hi,
If I open a photo in LR on iPhone and go to masking and Select Subject or Sky, the app crashes. This problem seems to have been here for a long time and is on the Adobe forums.
Has anyone else use found this? Any workarounds?
I saw one suggestion to wait until it’s synced to the cloud but this didn’t seem to be a solid fix - occasionally works but maybe by coincidence.

Which iPhone model are you using? I'm wondering if it's struggling for processing power. And how much space is available?

Thanks for helping out.
Hmmm that’s a good question…
It’s an iPhone 8. 10GB of 64GB available.
I have an iPhone 8+ (using iOS 15.3.1), and there are no issues with Select Sky/Subject. I do have about 180GB free storage space, however.

I have an iPhone8 64gb and do occasionally get crashes with Select Sky/Subject.

It happened just now, when I had 4gb free. I went back into LrM and it appears that the mask was added before the crash.

I then repeated the test after freeing up some space so I had 13gb free. This time the Select Sky/Subject mask was added without a crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back