• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR not applying nearest ISOs default develop settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Banks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
With my old LR v6, I recall that if you saved ISO-specific develop settings and imported a file that had an ISO close to, but not exactly matching the saved setting, LR would apply settings for the closest saved setting.

For example, if you saved settings for ISO 200 and 400, and imported an ISO 250 file, it would apply the develop settings you’d saved for ISO 200.

However, I’ve just started using the current LR Classic, it doesn’t apply any develop settings unless there’s a setting saved for that exact ISO.

Do I now have to save a setting for every possible ISO?

I sometimes shoot with the camera on auto-ISO, and can end up with a number of different ISOs.

Hey Russell, sorry we missed this thread. Yup, it's exact ISO's, always has been. You may be able to set your camera not to do part-stop ISO's though.

I don't recall it ever picking an ISO on it's own. Perhaps you had another setting of some type. To make that work for me I set my camera to full stop ISO's. 100, 200, 400, 800 and so on. I had about 10 master files per camera, one for each ISO. I set specific NR for each file then applied Develop Settings. To manage using mid stop ISO's would have been very difficult.

I then came across this plug-in. Now I set my camera to use all the ISO values and I only need one master file. Some will argue you don't need a master but for me a quick glance reminds me of all my Develop Settings I apply at import. Easier to make changes.

This is pretty good. It uses logarithmic formulas to apply NR based on ISO.

http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/bulk-develop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back