David Gordon

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hello, hello!

I'll ask the developer but I'm having a problem with LR/Mogrify's text annotations. I'm trying to recreate a script I use in Photoshop which creates a border around an image and gets the caption which is 'printed' into the bottom border. An example attached here.

I can do what I need using LR/Mogrify and it means I can do everything in Lightroom rather than have to use Photoshop. Creating the borders etc is fine but if the text is too long rather than wrap to a new line it disappears off the image.

Searching around I see other people have had trouble with this but no answers. Maybe someone here has an answer or a different solution to what I want to do.

The first image was processed using a script in Photoshop. The second exported using LR/Mogrify and is missing the copyright info as the text has not wrapped.
BQD29129 -PS.jpg
BQD29129- LR.jpg

I realise I just posted pictures with a white border to a white page so you may not see the borders!

I don't have the Mogrify plug-in. It looks like the font is a bit larger. I wonder if you could do a [Shift]+[Enter] to create a second line of text rather than trying to depend on automatic wordwrap. Just a suggestion/guess. It might be worth a try.

I don't have the Mogrify plug-in. It looks like the font is a bit larger. I wonder if you could do a [Shift]+[Enter] to create a second line of text rather than trying to depend on automatic wordwrap. Just a suggestion/guess. It might be worth a try.

Thank you, I think the font was bold. I've tried a couple of manual line breaks and they work fine. This will probably work except for those pictures with a longer caption. I'm quite impressed that I've got it to replicate my Photoshop script. I hope the plug-in author will reply as its really good other than the text wrapping.

BQD29129.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back