• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Mobile takes up IOS space even after deleting all files

Jonathan Buckley

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Mobile Operating System: Ipad Mini 4 IOS 10.3.3

Desktop Operating System: Mac 10.12.3

Desktop Lightroom Version:
LR Mobile Version 2.8.2, LR CC2015.12

Question or Description of Problem:

I’ve read Lightroom Mobile is very clever at managing storage space and I think I understand the way this is supposed to work.
However after a brief trial I have now deleted ALL photos from Lightroom Mobile on my ipad (and yes I’m 100% certain they’re actually deleted from LR Mobile itself and not just a collection) so the Lightroom Photos count is 0. I have also gone to the Local Storage panel and cleared the cache. Even after doing this the Locally Stored Copies tally says 1.97GB. Then when I go to Manage Storage settings on my device Lightroom Mobile is showing as taking up 2.2GB of which 106.2MB is for the app and 2.12GB is for Documents and Data? I have tried restarting the ipad but it hasn't made a difference.

How can this be and how can I clear this and free up space? I've seen some other similar threads but no real solution apart from trying deleting the app altogether and starting again. I’m happy to do this now but I wouldn’t want to keep having to do this once I start using LR mobile for real.I have quite a lot of free space but it would soon fill up if LR doesn't properly clear out space after images have been deleted.

Thanks,

Jonathan