• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Mobile sync location in Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven_1

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  2. iOS
When dng files I sync to Lightroom Mobile from Classic and edit on my iPad, they sync back to a single designated Mac folder. Is there a streamlined way to get them back into the same folder as the original source file, either replacing the original file or not?

There's possibly some information missing from your workflow here....if you sync from Classic to the cloud, then edit on a device such as an iPad, only the changes sync back to Classic and are applied to the original file. There is no additional file created, unless you are doing something else on the iPad that you haven't mentioned?

When dng files I sync to Lightroom Mobile from Classic and edit on my iPad, they sync back to a single designated Mac folder. Is there a streamlined way to get them back into the same folder as the original source file, either replacing the original file or not?
My bad. Senioritis strikes even the most vigilant. I was looking at files *generated* on the iPad and the need to designate a destination folder. I can redistribute them into desired final homes in Classic at that point. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

My bad. Senioritis strikes even the most vigilant. I was looking at files *generated* on the iPad and the need to designate a destination folder. I can redistribute them into desired final homes in Classic at that point. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
You can change the location of the images that are downloaded into Classic, see the Classic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab. Not only can you set your preferred location, but you can also set one of the standard Classic date-based folder structures for those downloaded files.

OK, I've got the location part - I have a "From Lightroom Mobile" folder. How would I then designate date-based folders within? This sounds like the "By Date" option for imports, but how would I apply that for uploads?

The next line down on that Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab:

Capture2.PNG

I'm ok with me being ignorant, but when I cross-over into stupid it's time to put the mouse down and go read a book. Thanks, Jim for chiming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back