LR Lens profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdescher-live

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have noticed for several of my lenses that the lens profile that is detected by LR is not correct. I shoot in RAW. The images are .DNG. But, for instance, My Tamron 150-600 G2 isn't detected for when editing. Is there a way to "re-populate" this menu for lack of a better way of putting it?

The drop down menu is pretty much worthless or I would gladly pick my lens and hopefully save it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Select the lens, then save it as the new lens default.

prbimages, thank you very much. I have checked there previously and my lens is listed. (I pasted below)
TAMRON SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 A022N
But I cannot for the life of me get it to choose this lens. In fact, when I choose Profile Correction, LR chooses a Tamron Di 28-70mm, f2.8. Not even close on any front to the lens I am using.
Also, I would not be considered an expert. But I have been using LR for about 4 years, so I am pretty good at it. But this is a real stumper. I have this issue with a very nice Nikon lens, Nikkor 17-55mm, 2.8. It too is not recognized.
Nikon6.8/9.8

prbimages, thank you very much. I have checked there previously and my lens is listed. (I pasted below)
But I cannot for the life of me get it to choose this lens. In fact, when I choose Profile Correction, LR chooses a Tamron Di 28-70mm, f2.8. Not even close on any front to the lens I am using.
Also, I would not be considered an expert. But I have been using LR for about 4 years, so I am pretty good at it. But this is a real stumper. I have this issue with a very nice Nikon lens, Nikkor 17-55mm, 2.8. It too is not recognized.
Nikon6.8/9.8
So can you manually choose this lens? That is what I asked. If you can, then do so and then click on 'Setup' and choose 'Save New Lens Profile Default'

Nikon6.8/9.8
Are you sure you're working with a RAW file? You said DNG but maybe it is a linear DNG, bitmap and not RAW. LR will will _not_ provide a list of the same lens profiles when editing bitmap, non-RAW files. I've run into this many times when accidentally trying to edit one of my JPGs from a RAW+JPG pair. It's happened enough that I now know when the lens lists are all wrong that I'm not working on an ARW or NEF file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back