• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR launch time increases over time with Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley J

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic Version 10.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
  2. iOS
Since installing macOS Big Sur, Version 11.0.1, LR launches almost instantaneously with the first log-in on Creative Cloud. Takes roughly 7 seconds from clicking on the LR icon to being completely open. If I quit LR and then re-launch, the launch time increases gradually with each launch, until it takes roughly 50 seconds to fully load. If I then sign out of Creative Cloud and sign back in, LR launches quickly once more, but then again degrades again over time.

I have purged my cache(set at 70 GB) and also reset preferences, but the same phenomenon happens. Once launched I have not had any performance issues with LR and Big Sur. In fact it seems to be a bit quicker.

The launch time is mostly a nuisance, but would like any thoughts on why this happens.

Thanks in advance for your time.

--Stan

Do File > Plug-in Manager and see if you have a Logitech plugin called LogiOptions. Select it, and in the Status panel, click Disable. It can often slow the startup of LR by minutes. It gets silently installed when you install Logitech's utilities that come with its devices, and it also causes mysterious errors when you delete files from the catalog.

Do File > Plug-in Manager and see if you have a Logitech plugin called LogiOptions. Select it, and in the Status panel, click Disable. It can often slow the startup of LR by minutes. It gets silently installed when you install Logitech's utilities that come with its devices, and it also causes mysterious errors when you delete files from the catalog.
Thanks for your suggestion. I did disable all my plug-ins(do not have LogiOptions) and it launched amazingly quickly after doing that. Sadly each subsequent launch again took longer. Seems to have settled in at about 40 seconds.

Is this still happening to you after a computer restart?

Yesterday after I replied to you, Premiere and Photoshop both started taking more than a minute to startup. Today, after rebooting my computer they consistently start quickly (less than 10 sec).

Is this still happening to you after a computer restart?

Yesterday after I replied to you, Premiere and Photoshop both started taking more than a minute to startup. Today, after rebooting my computer they consistently start quickly (less than 10 sec).
Thanks for your reply John. I did a reboot and the initial launch was a spectacular 6-7 seconds. Each subsequent launch got longer and has settled in at about 33 seconds. Not a big deal, but am curious about why this happens.

And for me last night, again Premiere Pro was taking 5 minutes to start up, Photoshop 60 seconds, but LR only 10 seconds. This morning, 20 seconds, 20 seconds, 9 seconds.

Given that it's happening to two of us, with different programs, I'm guessing it's an issue with the Creative Cloud license verification process. But just a guess.

And for me last night, again Premiere Pro was taking 5 minutes to start up, Photoshop 60 seconds, but LR only 10 seconds. This morning, 20 seconds, 20 seconds, 9 seconds.

Given that it's happening to two of us, with different programs, I'm guessing it's an issue with the Creative Cloud license verification process. But just a guess.
I just tried an experiment. Launched LR and it took about 40+ seconds. Quit LR. Then turned Wifi off land launched LR. It took a mere few seconds. Then turned Wifi back on. Definitely think you are correct. Think I will use this process to launch LR, as it only entails a couple of extra mouse clicks.

Morning, anyone having issues with the response times of edit actions? my system is:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics:
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Is it simply my laptop is struggling due to age & processing power?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back