• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR is syncing again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hi All,

just today Adobe was able to fix the sync problem I had with Lightroom classic. The problem was that it crashed every time immediately when the sync with CC was activated so I had to keep the sync switched off now for quite some weeks.

Have been in contact with Adobe regarding this and after a lot of back and forth and testing etc it was solved today. The whole thing started when I activated the sync on one rather big collection but it was found out now the one corrupt image file in the collection caused the sync problem. It was of course not so easy to find that but immediately after I had deleted the corrupt file the sync worked again so I was really really that Adobe was in the end able to solve this.

Anyway just have a question now because the sync in now working again as it should, I noticed that LR is now syncing quite often something (I can see that form the sync bar) but its even syncing something when I I am not doing anything with stuff I have the sync enabled for?
So I am just curious what LR is doing or syncing when I am working for example in a collection which for which sync is not on?

Regards,
Tom

hmmm, yes I tried that but it didnt specify anything except syncing 50 images etc

if you click on the blue words it should take to to a window that will after a short period of time list those 50 images and advise whether there are any errors.

Hi,

I have tried that now to click on the blue sync but it leads me into the LR preferences sync window but not saying anything about what is syncing.

Its not a big deal, I was just curious

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back