• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR grid view some images greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

consofmammoth

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 10.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Not only are my images greyed out but smart previews are missing and can not develop. To make it worse my 2 TB external back up drive can not be consistently seen by my computer.....a separate issue. I did not upgrade from Mojave so may be shy LR is acting up. It went to a blank white screen before the above stated results came about. Any suggestions. I am getting my external drive cloned before it goes completely bad. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Can you be a bit more specific and perhaps illustrate your problem with a screenshot? In the title of the message you say that ‘some’ images are greyed out, but in the message itself it sounds like all of them may be. That is an important difference! One answer I can already give you: not upgrading MacOS Mojave has nothing to do with this. Lightroom is fully compatible with that version of MacOS.

Can you be a bit more specific and perhaps illustrate your problem with a screenshot? In the title of the message you say that ‘some’ images are greyed out, but in the message itself it sounds like all of them may be. That is an important difference! One answer I can already give you: not upgrading MacOS Mojave has nothing to do with this. Lightroom is fully compatible with that version of MacOS.

Hi there, So thankful I found this forum as no one I know knows LR but only PS. Thank you for your help. I have somewhat resolved the problem. My Mac guy had cloned my 2TB external drive and now I have the 2 both working fine. However, I would like to have that cloned second harddrive back up show all the organization I have done in LR in its hierarchy of folders that I was doing during my "grey out" incident on my original back up drive.. Since the first post I have learned even a second back up has to be done through LR not simple cloning drive. How then Do I export a TB of photoes from one external drive to another in LR without having to import the second drive!

Seconding, I created collection sets and even used SET AS TARGET COLLECTION simply using the letter b to drop in target selection which worked very nicely.....and then put those collections on a 128 GB thumb drive successfully. Now those images do NOT show up in my library and I have to use the 128 drive to edit.......That was not suppose to happen. Collections copy not move....correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back