• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lr generates endless files of the same image during export

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyLr

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 8.2
Operating System
I'm still finding my way around Lr but a weird thing happened today. I'm exporting individual images every few mins and I see there is an export processing band in the top left, which is odd as they are only 2500px jpegs. When I went to the export folder there are endless copies of the same image, for each exported files. I had to force quit to end it. Any idea what's causing this?

You create exported images with a custom name, so no matter what the original file name was, the exported image will have that custom name. That makes me believe that you had selected multiple images instead of just one image. Lightroom will add a sequence number to the file name because there are multiple images. You can check this by opening a few of the 'Girl with dog running' images. Are they all different? Then my explanation is probably what happened. Are they identical? Then I have no idea.

OK - you're right. I'm trying to enter a competition that closes in an hour so no time to backtrack and check things. It superficially looked like the same file. To be honest, I find Lr to be a quite a pest as it has so many quirks. I've only just upgraded from Aperture, which was much less finicky. I'll get the knack of Lr one day.

You create exported images with a custom name, so no matter what the original file name was, the exported image will have that custom name. That makes me believe that you had selected multiple images instead of just one image. Lightroom will add a sequence number to the file name because there are multiple images. You can check this by opening a few of the 'Girl with dog running' images. Are they all different? Then my explanation is probably what happened. Are they identical? Then I have no idea.

I can see the adjustments are more advanced than Aperture, and what its capable of doing, but I've been bogged down for 2 weeks in this app dealing with its obscurities and quirks with little output. So many of my online solution searches end up in Adobe's product wish list. "No, you can't do that...bug Adobe about it". I 'm glad I'm just doing personal work atm and not have deadlines over me. It could be better designed and a surprising number of things weren't carried over from Aperture.

Aperture may be less finicky but not even close to capable of doing the things LR can do.

Lightroom does work differently from many other programs. It's really important to understand the underlying workflow that Lightroom is designed around, and follow it. Obviously, I don't know which "quirks" you are referring to, but although I've been using it for a few years, I've found it all hangs together pretty consistently. Not perfectly, of course. I'd also say that two weeks isn't very long!

Dave

@rustyLr, I suggest that you take the time to read through this free eBook, Lightroom Classic CC quickstart from this page: quickstart. I think that it would help you to better understand how the application is setup and how to take best advantage of it's features.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back