Status
Not open for further replies.

ehackett

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hello, all,

Not sure if this is a strange problem or a dumb mistake: I have images on a QXD card (64GB--Nikon D850) that LR doesn't notice and won't import. Finder also does not notice the images (RAW + JPEG) but they are visible to the camera while reviewing images. The missing images are numbered DSC_1021 to DSC_1146. Any suggestions about how to fix this or how to diagnose the problem?

Thanks and best wishes,

Ed

Hi Ed

I'd concentrate your efforts on trying to work out why Finder doesn't see them; if the OS can't see them, then there's no point in expecting Lightroom to see them.

How are you connecting the card to your Mac? Typically it's a connection issue that causes this type of problem. If direct from the camera, try a different cable or, better still, a card reader. If a card reader, try a different USB port or, ultimately, a different card reader. Once Finder can see them, Lightroom should play ball too.

Thanks, Paul, for the speedy reply and suggestion!

Finder sees the card and many of the image files, but does not see the most recent 126 image files (but the camera review function does see them).

Best wishes,

Ed

Ah! I see! Then I suspect the card, perhaps needing recovery software. Hopefully others may have some ideas to help!

Dumb da dumb dumb...

Thanks to all for suggestions about what went wrong on importing from D850 to LR6. My mistake is dumber than you or I imagined: the main card filled and images were written to the backup. Main card is a 64GB QXD, backup is a 128GB SDXC. If the camera lit a warning about the full card/shift to back up, I did not see it.

Apologies for distracting you with this; if it happens to someone else I hope this helps them catch on quicker than I did!

Best wishes,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back