Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Something I have never really used but exploring and slowly building. I understand that you can upload collections to Portfolio. Aren't these files pre export so wouldn't size and capture sharpening not be applied? Seems like kind off an important step to miss. Is the idea behind collections to later quickly access a group of favourite images like birds in flight and export. I'm curios what other applications collections have. No sure I'm using them as intended.

Smart Collections where my sub folders are. I just drag an edited file from the film strip into one of the folders.

I'm not a Portfolio user, but I know that I can share selected images to Portfolio (not a specific collection, though I could select all in a collection to share), using LRCC Web. And like all such sharing from the CC cloud, the current edit state (including crop and sharpening) is always seen at the receiving end and kept up to date. No exporting is needed.

So while collections in Lightroom can be used to gather images together for publishing, there are various ways of doing that publishing, such as manual exports, publish services, cloud syncing/sharing. The latter doesn't require any form of exporting, but does of course require that the images are first synced.

Thanks for the info. I looked at Web once a long time ago but I think with just one file. I see when you open that page it includes all the files. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back