• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic to LR Mobile Sync Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgbirrell

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I continue to have sync issues with LRC, I've been hoping that updates to LRC would solve the problem but to date (and Version 14.5) no luck.

I've been using LR Mobile and synching to LRC since the feature was first introduced with no problems until about a year ago when it stopped working properly.

My workflow: I download RAW files from Canon camera to my PC using LRC Import facility, I create a Collection and sync it. I then go to my iPad and use it to quickly go through the pictures and mark them either Flagged or Rejected, once complete there are no pictures marked unflagged. I can then look at the pictures on my iPad, my iPhone, LRC on the PC or LR (Cloudy) on PC.

On a recent trip I took 1169 pictures and followed the above workflow. On my iPad I flagged 572 pictures and rejected 597 leaving none unflagged. These number are the same on iPad, iPhone and LR (Cloudy). In LRC there are 368 flagged, 342 rejected and 459 unflagged, for some reason LRC has not synced the changed from the Lightroom Cloud. The fact that all others are in agreement it would suggest that the problem lies with LRC. Looking at the photos I can see no reason for some to sync and some to not, there is no discernible pattern, just random pictures do not sync. There are no sync issues reported in Preference Panel in LRC.

I do have a large number of synced collections and about 40,000 pictures included in my sync. It does seem that if I have fewer pictures in the collection (maybe a couple of hundred) then there are no problems, everything syncs as expected.

If I right click on a picture select Metadata/Read Metadata from File then after a pause the picture syncs and it's flagged status is updated correctly. That suggests to me that for some reason LRC is failing to read the sync status correctly until 'prompted' by the Metadata/Read Metadata instruction.

I've only every had one collection, it's on an internal disk drive that's permanently attached and I've no 'complex' file/data handling arrangements.

It's not the end of the world but it does mean I've got to be careful to ensure that LRC on PC is correctly synced before I do any PC based work.

Any suggestions from the forum members on where I might look to 'fix' this would be appreciated.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back