• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Classic Sync "Waiting for Connection"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhhord

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 7.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. iOS
Running Mac 10.13.5 with LR Classic 7.4 (but problem exists when I revert to previous version). CC connected. LRmobile running on iPad, iPhone. Lightroom CC also running on Mac.

LR Classic has constant message that it is "waiting for connection". I have rebooted, reverted to earlier versions, signed in and out of CC. All to no avail.

Ideas?

Hi rhhord, welcome to the forum!

So all the others connect ok, but not Lightroom Classic? My first thought would be a firewall, but if CC is also connecting on the same Mac, that seems less likely. How long's it been happening?

I noticed it after replacing my xfinity modem/router which was taken out by an electrical storm. I believe the troubles coincided with my download of 7.4 but I am thinking that is not causitive. This occurred a week ago yesterday. Along with replacing these, I switched from an Apple airport extreme which I had running along side my xfinity wifi. Since I have tried everything else I have been able to find online, I am concluding it has something to do with LR Classic looking for or waiting for this other network which the extreme was a part of. BTW, I am also running LR CC on my mac as well, this being an evaluation period for me to see if I might wish to abandon Classic. But at this point, such a move would mean I give up too much editing power.

Thanks for you interest.

I’m happy. Just spent time with Adobe Support Chat. Bottom line: LR CLASSIC is once again syncing. The fix was to turn off Wi-Fi; delete several system interface files; empty trash; reboot. Done.

That's great news, thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back