• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic Running Slowly Since Latest Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWU2

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Since updating to LR Classic 8.2, and since updating Windows 10 same day, I've noticed LR has materially slowed down. It's almost become too frustrating to use.

I've run antivirus programs, and system appears clean. Other applications are all running fine, including Photoshop. I've performed catalog optimizations, but they haven't helped. I've tried turning off my graphics processor. It's hard to tell for sure, but LR seems to run slightly faster without the graphics processor. I haven't yet contacted Adobe.

So, here are a few questions:
  1. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  2. Do you think uninstalling/reinstalling the current version of LR would help?
  3. Do you think rolling back to the prior version of LR would help?
  4. Any other suggestions?
I've attached a copy of my LR System Info file for anyone who's interested.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• LR System Info.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 290
Hi DWU2, have you checked the graphics card manufacturer's website for an updated driver? We've had a few reports of drivers getting rolled back with the Windows update. No harm in uninstall/reinstall and I might try a graphics card driver complete uninstall/reinstall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back