• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic not syncing with LR Mobile on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

eschurr

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
LR Classic indicates it is syncing with LR Mobile but it's not actually moving any images back and forth. Here are the stats about my setup:
  • I am using LR Classic 9.1 on a PC and LR Mobile on a Samsung Galaxy S8+.
  • I have 41,000 photos on LR Classic.
  • I have LR mobile set to sync only Smart Previews down to my phone
  • I am syncing about 28,000 photos between LR Classic and LR Mobile. It has been working OK up until lately.
  • LR Mobile indicates I am using 1.9GB out of 20GB cloud storage (so mos of my cloud storage is unused)
  • LR Mobile indicates i am using only 59GB out of 120GB on my phone (I have LR mobile set to use my SD card for storage)
  • both LRm and LRc indicate i am logged in
  • i have tons of storage space on my PC (I store my photos to an external hard drive)
  • I have a good and stable internet connection
LRc says it is syncing 184 photos, but it's been saying that for over 12 hours with no changes. The photos i shot on LRm are just sitting on my phone, and the photos I shot on my DSLR that i imported into LRc and then dragged into "all synced photos" are also just sitting there. Nothing is moving between LRm and LRc.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Let me add that I restarted both LRm and LRc and nothing changed

...and, for reasons i can't imagine, it started working shortly after i made my post. Truly weird. Also weird is that instead of saying that it's syncing 184 photos, it's now stuck on "syncing 38 photos." It's been this way for about 12 hours. When i click on Preferences it says it is uploading two photos and downloading 18. I can't imagine why it would be taking so long...

This is really frustrating me.

Now, a week or so after i wrote my original post and the photos synced, I'm in a different location, and i'm experiencing the same issues. LRc says has been saying it is syncing 199 photos, 139 uploading and 123 downloading and 0 pending for over 24 hours with no change. What is required to get it to sync? Does it require some minimum network speed or something? I would sure welcome any help.

When you say you're in a different location, which Lightroom is having trouble syncing? Classic or Cloudy? The one that was fully synced a few days ago?

Thanks. It's always Classic (I don't use Cloudy).

in my last location i made zero progress on syncing....it just kept saying "syncing 199 photos." admittedly, the internet connection was spotty. In this location, it is making progress, albeit it took a while for it to report any progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back