• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic (no cloud storage for pic) version without LR Cloud and Photoshop as a subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g2iSite

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
Why i$ there not...? I'm done with thi$ Lightroom $ubscription maze.

Really?

You are going to jettison the most popular and best Digital Management and photographer image editing SW on the planet because you are upset at also getting a free copy of 2 other products for your $10 bucks a month? And you think this makes sense?

However, my sense is that you don't understand your plan options and frustrated that Adobe makes it hard to find the correct plan.

I just checked the Adobe site and indeed they are not currently showing the 20gb Photographers plan for $9.99. This has happened before where for some unknown reason some areas of the country or world show different plans than other areas and it has usually been attributed to an "error" by Adobe. I'm gonig to start another thread on that topic.

There is no single app subscription for Lightroom Classic because the 20GB Photography Plan is already excellent value. Many of Adobe's single app subscriptions are around US$20.99 per month - that's the cost of Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop (which is bundled with Fresco). Getting Lightroom Classic for US$9.99 per month is already good value even if you don't use anything else in the Photography Plan bundle.

When you compare the cost to the update subscription for Topaz's photo products (US$99 per year for all their photo plugins that you own) or the cost of a version upgrade for DxO PureRaw (US$79, I believe), both of which require you to already own the products, it tends to indicate that Adobe's pricing is competitive. Of course, if you stop paying for the Photography Plan, then the Develop, Map and sync features stop working.

Correction. If you log out of your Adobe account, then you can see the 20gb plan

1679186309878.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back