• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again. Just some small tweaks as well as cameras/lenses and bugs! See this blog post for Lightroom Classic and this blog post for the Lightroom Cloud Ecosystem changes.

LR Classic Intel or Universal, which one do I use and need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankU

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I have noted that in my Macbook applications folder I now have 4 versions of LR apps. I have just switched to LR Classic (pay monthly) from LR 6.14 (eternal use license) since I went to Big Sur which only can use 64 bit apps..
There is a LR Universal and a LR Intel application , as well as a LR Classic Universal and a LR Classic Intel version, each taking up around 3 Gb of space in my macbook pro apps now.

I am only using LR Classic now on the macbook (2019, Intel multiprocessor), I am not interested in anything cloud or mobile .. , the catalog has been transferred to the Classic version and all works well for a week or so. But I do not know why I have 4 different LR apps.
Can delete three of these duplicate LR versions? If so, which ones are obsolete?

Thanks!

FrankU

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks, Paul;

each of the 4 LR app versions used around 2.6 Gb + a small file. As I wrote above : "each taking up around 3 Gb of space in my macbook pro apps now."

Having recieved no answer for a while, I started to experiment: I opened my LR Classic on the laptop, looked at pictures there ... and then removed one LR CC at a time, checking each time that did not kill anything. And in the end, only the LR Classic Universal app version remained. It works and all is fine, plus I gained around[ 7 Gb of needlessly wasted storage space.

That is how I answered my own question.

Thanks for trying to help. How and why I get 4 duplicate LR versions by signing up for LR Classic by pay ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.