• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Classic has changed the WB on many of my Presets to 2000k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Rick

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:High Sierra

Lightroom Version: Classic
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem Discovered that many of my presets are suddenly changing WB to Custom and 2000K (blue). Doubt Custom was the original option, esp. with 2000k. Changing Process version does nothing. Any ideas as to what's happening?

Thanks

Presets are simple text files, so if you open one with a text editor and copy the contents here, we might be able to see what's going on.

And it has changed many of my existing RAW files, both WITH and WITHOUT any edits, to the same "Custom" and 2000k settings. I scroll thru my thumbnails and there are a sea of RAW files with 2000k white balance- I had made no changes. Here are examples, as well as one of the presets (which I had changed from Custom 2000k to Auto WB). [RTF files are not allowed by website]. The screenshot of the Develop Module shows how an unedited RAW has been changed,
Now I closed LR and re-opened, and these issues are gone- very bizarre behavior. I looked at the same files, and the Raws are ok, and the presets work as expected!!!

Attachments

• Booster LR preset as text.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 404
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 10.32.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 10.32.56 AM.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 404
  • Blue files.png
    Blue files.png
    972.5 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
It looks like you are applying a develop preset at import.. your Booster preset has no temperature setting so what setting has been previously applied remains after the Booster preset is applied.

I do not apply any presets at import. So how do unprocessed RAWs get a Custom WB of 2000k and -37 Tint applied before anything is done to them, and how did previously processed RAWs get those WB settings applied to them in bulk after the “upgrade”- that’s the question. They were not like that in the previous version of Lightroom CC

That is a good question. Let's start with the first one.

You might have changed the default settings. If you press the Reset button, does it go back to As Shot? And if you hold down the Shift key so it changes to Reset (Adobe), what happens then?

Oh, and does it say anything in the History panel?

I made virtual copy of image processed under previous version (original processed version on left side of comparison images, current on right). Tried resetting both from the dropdown menu up top and from the button lower right corner, as well as Shift/Reset- both will reset everything EXCEPT the Temp/Tint, which remains Custom 2000k and -36. History just shows that it was reset, and the version changes/profiles applied while trying options. Tried 2012 and 2017 versions, makes no difference. Tried applying X-Rite ColorChecker Profiles, did not change temp etc. AFAIK, I have changed nothing other than download the new Classic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.36.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.36.42 PM.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.38.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.38.11 PM.png
    851.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.41.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 3.41.09 PM.png
    799.5 KB · Views: 396
At least at the moment, I think this is resolved. I "updated" the affected presets by changing the Temp/Tone to Auto, then updated the presets with WB unchecked. Seems to work. Not elegant, but hopefully will stay as directed. Thanks for suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back