• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR Classic editing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipnat51

Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Can anyone suggest how I can rectify a problem that I have with LR Classic and Facebook? The issue is that when I edit photos in LR and then want to upload them into Facebook they do so but only in the unedited version! Also if I drag photos into Facebook to be published the publish button remains greyed out. Not sure what to do so hopefully someone can show me where and why I'm being silly.

To start with the second question: Facebook no longer allows apps like Lightroom to publish on your timeline, so the Facebook publishing service is out of order. Then the first question: you probably try to use the wrong method. You have to export a jpeg and publish it on Facebook via your web browser.

Thank you very much for your reply and please forgive my ineptitude but could you explain the steps needed to publish on Facebook via my web browser. Kindest regards from Phil.
Export the image from Lightroom as jpeg. Then in your web browser, go to Facebook and click on the 'Photo/Video' button below the field for posting.

For convenience, Export a small JPEG file - -800 pixels on the long side and medium quality - and put it in a folder designated for the web. I apply a watermark with my export. I call this folder "Web Post". I have a subfolder for each year - Web Post 2018, etc. This puts all the photos for Facebook and similar uses in one place where they can be quickly accessed and reused. I also synch this folder with my iPhone and my iPad so I have the photos readily available to share on either device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back