• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.

Export LR Classic CC Export hangs/freezes sporadically & takes a long time to quit

chrisbogen

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic CC 8.1
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
LR export working sporadically. Sometimes it will work normally but other times it will only export 3 photos (but photos can't be viewed in Finder, I only see icons) or will export none. I have to restart LR to get the export function to work again. Every time I quit LR I get the spinning beach ball and it takes a while to quit. I'm working with a new catalog that I created at the beginning of the year but it behaves the same on older catalogs. I've optimized the catalog and checked on and off the graphics processor. Anybody else having these issues? I am also using an X Touch Mini with the PFixer MIDITOLR app so I don't know if that's affecting LR somehow. If it helps: my computer is a late 2013 iMac with 32 GB memory and I'm working from my fusion drive with 1/3 of the spa. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum! Sorry we missed your thread.

PFixer could certainly be a factor in the slow shut down, so you could try disabling the plug-in temporarily to see if that helps. I'd also take a look at Activity Monitor when it's going slowly like that, to see if it's maxing out the CPU etc.

Roelof Moorlag

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Since a few days i'm over to Classic 8.2 and i noticed two fails on export too. It resulted in a non-responding of lightroom, i had to kill it by hand. I have to do some more testing to find the exact condition when it occurs.

chrisbogen

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum! Sorry we missed your thread.

PFixer could certainly be a factor in the slow shut down, so you could try disabling the plug-in temporarily to see if that helps. I'd also take a look at Activity Monitor when it's going slowly like that, to see if it's maxing out the CPU etc.
What do I need to capture with Acitivity Monitor to show you what's going on?

Umberto Cocca

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
What do I need to capture with Acitivity Monitor to show you what's going on?
Unusually high memory or high CPU usage, high frequency for disk access... These are all things that might slow globally your machine.

Sent using Tapatalk