• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

LR Classic can't update Flickr collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanecito

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Today I began to get the message "Can't Update this Collection. Flickr API returned an error (function flickr.photosets.editPhotos, message photo
319579798674 not found)"
And then the photo update successfully uploads to Flickr, but NOT to the collection in LR, and I get the error message.
I have been editing photos, deleting the old versions (where I get the message to delete the photo on Flickr--OK) and then publishing the new version in Flickr, thereby updating the Collection. The problem just started today.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Me again. When I go to close LR, I keep getting a message that 6 photos are downloading, etc. Which does not happen. I suspect that the problems are related.

Attachments

• Screenshot (45).png
    Screenshot (45).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
The latter is Lightroom's cloud sync... if you go to https://lightroom.adobe.com, is there a Sync Errors collection?
then the photo update successfully uploads to Flickr, but NOT to the collection in LR
I have been editing photos, deleting the old versions (where I get the message to delete the photo on Flickr--OK) and then publishing the new version in Flickr, thereby updating the Collection.
If not, can you expand on this in a bit more detail? I'm not sure I'm quite following your workflow.

No Sync Errors Collection at adobe.com.
As for workflow, I have been updating a Flickr album with better edits, usually in Photoshop. After editing an existing CR2 or tif from the album, I save the tif in PS
and then in LRc remove the pre-existing tif (as it is superfluous) which calls up the dialog about removing a photo from Flickr service. I click "remove" and then "delete from disc." I then drag and drop the new tif into the Flickr album in LRc, and go to the album and click on Publish.
This has worked for quite a while.
I wonder if I have a problem with Corrupt Preferences?
Victoria--thanks for your help.

the photo update successfully uploads to Flickr, but NOT to the collection in LR
When you say "not to the collection in LR", do you mean it doesn't move into the Published Photos section of the collection? Or something else?

If it's worked ok till now, the most likely cause is a change at Flickr's end, but you could try rolling back to an earlier LR version (e.g. 11.2) to rule out the possibility that something broke in Lightroom.

I downloaded the 11.41 update and reset the Preferences. No help with the Flickr error message. But...
I find that the photos are in fact appearing in the Published Photos section as they should, but they are appearing at the end of the album rather than in the capture time order/position where I had looked for them.
So in spite of the error message there seems to be no functionality lost in either LRc or Flickr.
I will follow up with Flickr and post if I learn anything.

I downloaded the 11.41 update and reset the Preferences. No help with the Flickr error message. But...
I find that the photos are in fact appearing in the Published Photos section as they should, but they are appearing at the end of the album rather than in the capture time order/position where I had looked for them.
So in spite of the error message there seems to be no functionality lost in either LRc or Flickr.
I will follow up with Flickr and post if I learn anything.
I have Flickr Pro account that I've had for many years. Flickr has made massive changes to it's program because they have changed hands.
https://blog.flickr.net/en/2022/03/17/flickr-forever-2022/

I knew I'd seen another report regarding Flickr somewhere in the last few days. It was an Android report, but it seems like Flickr made some server-side changes recently as we'd guessed.

Yes, I had done the same. However, even though I'm able to upload to my photostream I've noticed publish setting reverts to unsaved. I can't recall if that is expected behavior? I have created a Flickr support issue.

Oh great, thanks for reporting back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back