• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lr Classic 8.3 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.37.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 8.37.41 AM.png
    619.9 KB · Views: 273
Downloading right now. Looking forward to checking out the texture feature.

This changes a lot of things. I run Detail in the Detail panel quite high however you lose halo suppression when you go over 50. Just experimenting with setting that back to the factory default of 25. Looks pretty good.

I downloaded the new Classic version, and ran it on a portrait I took on Mother's day.
I used the texture with the brush.
I have to say - I really liked the result on older skin. Great work, Adobe.

Jim

Great. I'll have to do this with selfies. These days I scare myself when I Iook at mine.

Great. I'll have to do this with selfies. These days I scare myself when I Iook at mine.
LOL. Probably one main reason why I don't use my phone a lot as a camera, and I never take selfies. There will have to be some really great software advances in artificial intelligence for post processing for me to take a selfie.

I also read on another forum Contrast (when using Auto) seems to have been corrected as well. It is not dropping down to -18 anymore and moving to the positive value. Adobe did say they were going to fix that. I've only done a few tests but that is what I'm seeing now. Gotta revise my workflow.

Fairly shortly after the new Auto was introduced I noticed that Auto underexposed Canon profiles badly. It always exposed this file to around -70. Looks like they fixed that too. Awesome

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 202
I wasn't sure how Texture would work with high ISO. Generaly I have been able to lower Sharpening and Detail in the Detail panel and reduce the amount of sharpening at export. A choir my wife signs in from last week. 10,000 ISO.

Attachments

• 1-2.jpg
    1-2.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back