• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lr Classic 8.3 release

mcasan

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Lightroom Version
Operating System
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It has! Blog posts are now live. (The press embargo is always later than the downloads going live.)

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Downloading right now. Looking forward to checking out the texture feature.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
This changes a lot of things. I run Detail in the Detail panel quite high however you lose halo suppression when you go over 50. Just experimenting with setting that back to the factory default of 25. Looks pretty good.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
I downloaded the new Classic version, and ran it on a portrait I took on Mother's day.
I used the texture with the brush.
I have to say - I really liked the result on older skin. Great work, Adobe.

Jim

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Great. I'll have to do this with selfies. These days I scare myself when I Iook at mine.

Jimmsp

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 7
Great. I'll have to do this with selfies. These days I scare myself when I Iook at mine.
LOL. Probably one main reason why I don't use my phone a lot as a camera, and I never take selfies. There will have to be some really great software advances in artificial intelligence for post processing for me to take a selfie.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I also learned not wear my glasses in the bathroom. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with that mirror.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I also read on another forum Contrast (when using Auto) seems to have been corrected as well. It is not dropping down to -18 anymore and moving to the positive value. Adobe did say they were going to fix that. I've only done a few tests but that is what I'm seeing now. Gotta revise my workflow.

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Fairly shortly after the new Auto was introduced I noticed that Auto underexposed Canon profiles badly. It always exposed this file to around -70. Looks like they fixed that too. Awesome

Attachments

Zenon

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I wasn't sure how Texture would work with high ISO. Generaly I have been able to lower Sharpening and Detail in the Detail panel and reduce the amount of sharpening at export. A choir my wife signs in from last week. 10,000 ISO.

Attachments